- Powerlifters and weightlifters have specific clothing needs which you may be unaware of, and this is why buying them powerlifting training gear is not advisable.
- The best gifts are powerlifting equipment and accessories and some personalized and funny gifts. Our gift list of 25 Weight Lifting Gift Ideas for Powerlifters and Weightlifters gives you the best of each.
Powerlifting involves an athlete known as a powerlifter, trying in three attempts to lift the heaviest weights possible on a squat, bench press, or deadlift. It is a very tasking activity on the human body and generally, powerlifters have to constantly practice to remain in shape and form for what they do best. Most powerlifters compete at an international level and this is why they constantly have to practice to be in form and shape.
Giving a gift to a powerlifter is not without its challenges. The challenge is always knowing what works as a gift for them since their needs when it comes to their sport can be rather unique. But not to worry, our article and research found the best gift items for you.
This article also applies to weightlifters because weightlifters can also be considered as powerlifters that work specifically with weights or weight plates attached to a barbell. The gifts we have selected are suited for use by both powerlifters and weightlifters.
You may also be interested in these work-out and health-related articles for yourself or your powerlifter or weightlifter friend or loved one:
- Pre-workout Ingredients To Avoid
- FDA Approved Pre-workout
- What Foods Should We Eat To Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle
- How Can We Protect Our Health And Lengthen Our Lives
WHAT ARE THE BEST GIFTS FOR POWERLIFTERS AND WEIGHTLIFTERS?
Table of Contents
Powerlifters and weightlifters have specific needs when it comes to powerlifting training outfits they wear. This is why buying training outfits like sports bras and sneakers is not advisable because you may end up buying something that is not suited to their body and training needs. And this means you end up giving a gift that they may end up giving away to somebody else.
The best gifts to give therefore what can best be considered as powerlifting equipment/gear which can universally be used by all powerlifters and weightlifters whatever their preferences may be. These powerlifting equipment/gear are tools of the trade they use in their everyday training to stay fit and prepared in their sport. We have selected for you the best powerlifting equipment/gear that you can give as a gift.
Other personalized and funny gift items also work as gift items for when they are off training and relaxing. And we have just the right selection for you.
25 WEIGHT LIFTING GIFT IDEAS FOR POWERLIFTERS AND WEIGHTLIFTERS.
This list is divided into four categories – best powerlifting and weightlifting equipment; best powerlifting and weightlifting accessories; funny gifts for weightlifters and powerlifters; and powerlifting/weightlifting Christmas gifts. The gifts in all categories are suited for both male and female weightlifters/powerlifters.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn a small commission for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this website. Thank you, your qualifying purchases help support our work in bringing you real daily gift ideas.
Quick Overview: Gift Ideas For Powerlifters And Weightlifters
Best Powerlifting And Weightlifting Equipment/Gear.
These are tools of the trade that help them keep practicing to stay in shape and form for their next weightlifting and powerlifting gig. With the gifts in this category, even if they already have one, they would not mind getting a second pair because there is no such thing as too much training equipment when it comes to powerlifting and weightlifting.
1. Leather Weightlifting Belt.
Every powerlifter and weightlifter needs a sturdy belt to wear on their waist to support their form as they lift the heavy weights they work with. Even if your powerlifter/weightlifter friend/loved one has one, they would still appreciate a second pair that would come in handy for their rigorous training routines. This belt is great for supporting a powerlifter/weightlifter’s form during a lift. According to one weightlifter, to get a snug fit, it is best to lie on your back on a flat bench and then adjust the buckle for that perfect fit.
- It is sturdy and offers good support.
- It is relatively durable.
- According to customers, it is reasonably priced for the value it offers.
- It is said to be good especially for squats and deadlifts.
- One customer at the time of writing complained that the sizing guide was not helpful and that it is best to order a size higher than the one suggested on the sizing guide.
- It will be a little uncomfortable at first use. But consistent training will break into it and make it more fluid and enjoyable to use.
- It is not suitable for light weightlifters or just gym-going lifters.
This Leather Weightlifting Belt comes highly recommended by more than 70 happy customers who are professional powerlifters and weightlifters who had used it at the time of writing. It is said to support the body form well and made of good quality material and is a good bargain for the price it is sold at. Your powerlifter/weightlifter friend would also love it.
2. Weightlifting Gloves.
After the belt, the next important gear to a powerlifter/weightlifter is a protective powerlifting glove to offer support for the hands and wrist as they strain under very heavy weights. This glove has the perfect fit and materials. It comes with a wrist wrap for extra support.
- They give the wrists flexible support.
- It has a firm grip.
- They offer good protection against blisters.
- They are relatively durable.
- The dye does not run.
- It comes with a 1-year free no-hassle replacement guarantee.
- It is not washable since it is made out of leather. Washing it would ruin the material and its durability.
This glove is built for weightlifting and powerlifting and customers who do a lot of powerlifting and weightlifting also confirm this. To deal with the con of not being washable, the best cleaning method is to apply the same method for maintaining leather shoes and leather accessories so that they last long and do what they do best.
(For normal lifting in the gym that is not as intense and heavy-duty as powerlifting and weightlifting, you can instead opt for these Power Gloves that provide good support for normal workouts.)
3. Elbow Sleeves with Wrist Wraps.
Powerlifters and weightlifters use their elbow considerably in lifting weights and this is why an elbow strap is another necessary gear for them to have in their arsenal of training gear. This elbow strap set comes with a bonus wrist strap making it a good deal.
- It comes with a 60-days hassle-free return guarantee.
- It comes with two elbow supports and two wrist supports.
- They fit snugly and do not come off during training.
- The wrist wraps also provide good support for the wrist.
- Customers have said that the sizing on Amazon isn’t very helpful and that it is best to get actual sizing from the product website before buying from Amazon.
Many customers who do a lot of weight lifting has recommended this product even aside from the sizing issue. The customer support service of the manufacturer has also been greatly commended so you are sure to receive needed support on purchasing this gift. And that is why we recommend it.
4. Powerlifting Knee Support Sleeves.
Powerlifting and weightlifting also exert considerable pressure on the quads and knees and that is why they, especially the knees, need some form of support and protection. And that is precisely what this knee support gear does. It provides the knee with the support needed while lifting an incredible amount of weight.
- They come with non-slip material.
- They are comfortable.
- According to some powerlifters, they make squats, lunges, and leg press more enjoyable.
- They provide snug support to the knee.
- It reduces pain.
- Some customers had challenges getting the accurate size. They were however quick to point out that the manufacturer got in touch with them immediately to have them resolved.
Every powerlifter and weightlifter who bought this at the time of writing all say that this is the best knee support in the market especially if one does a lot of squats. Most of them also confirmed that it reduced the pain they previously felt on their knees. It would be an amazing gift to give
5. Flexible and Stiff Wrist Wraps.
Even where a powerlifter/weightlifter wears exercise gloves, a wrist wrap is an absolute must if injuries are to be prevented. Lifting of weights engages the wrists considerably and they need maximum support and protection. And that is what a good wrist wrap does. This particular wrist wrap is famous for its durability and impeccable functionality.
The positive reviews on these wraps give the confidence that these wraps provide the needed support and protection during powerlifting and weightlifting exercise activities.
6. Multi-function Barbell Rack.
This would be the perfect gift to give a powerlifter or weightlifter because it is a multifunctional barbell rack that can also be used to perform squats.
- It can carry up to 480LBS of weights although one customer said it is not advisable to put more than 475LBS to err on the side of safety.
- It is sturdy.
- It provides good support when performing squats.
- It can also be used for doing bench presses.
- Only two sides of the rack out of the four are welded.
- The top bracket does not have a cushion.
- One customer said that the rack does not adjust high enough on the lower rung but can be solved through improvisation.
- The space between may be small for someone with a bigger frame.
You can get your powerlifter and weightlifter started on having their training spot at home with this cool multifunctional equipment. It is every powerlifter and weightlifter’s dream to have their train at-home equipment and this gives them a good head start.
7. Fat Gripz Arm Builder.
Sculpting strong arms are usually a natural result of the weights that powerlifters and weightlifters lift. But the hands can only carry so much weight. What these babies do for a powerlifter and weightlifter is that they increase the diameter of the weights they have to lift meaning they can lift more weights for increased results. This grip gear has been said to work magically and make lifting heavy weights look like a walk in the park.
This is a good supplement to have with other powerlifting/weightlifting gear. It helps in making lifting dumbbells and deadlifts easier.
8. Primo Weightlifting Chalk.
Great chalk works wonders in lifting heavy weights. Usually, athletes apply chalk on their hands before lifting the weights as they help in making it easy to lift the weight. This chalk is made with the right mix of materials for the skin and for what it is supposed to do.
- It prevents the palms from getting sweaty.
- It stays on for a long time.
- It covers the hands and palm completely when applied.
- It provides a good grip.
- It is skin-friendly and according to several customers, it moisturizes the hands.
- It comes in a resealable bucket to preserve its freshness.
- This size will last for a long time.
- It is pricey but as one customer said, the price is worth it.
According to customers, this chalk is in a class of its own when it comes to weightlifting chalks. It is said to have essential oils infused into it which makes it great for the palms and that is why this bucket of chalk is one of the best powerlifting gear gifts you can give your powerlifter/weightlifter friend/loved one.
9. King Kong Heavy Duty Duffel Bag.
This military-style heavy-duty duffel bag is the perfect carry bag for the powerlifter and weightlifter because they would normally carry a lot of stuff with them when they go for training. The high-density material that it is made out of means that this bag can withstand any amount of pressure put on it.
Sturdy, roomy, comfortable, classy, and best value for money is all adjectives that have been used to describe this duffel bag. Workout addicts who hit the gym a lot swear by this bag and we are confident it would be a good gift for a powerlifter and weightlifter.
Best Powerlifting And Weightlifting Accessories.
The accessories in this list are more fashion accessories and other small items with a powerlifting and weightlifting theme.
10. Men’s Stainless Steel Dumbbell Necklace.
This fine piece of jewelry is a dumbbell in the shape of a cross with a Biblical passage engraved on it. It is the perfect gift for a powerlifter and weightlifter of the Christain faith.
- It is made of quality stainless steel.
- It is skin-friendly.
- It is stylish.
- It fits well.
- It is suitable for all ages.
- It is made for a man although one customer said he bought it for his wife too and she loved it.
- A person who does not subscribe to the Christain faith may not like it because of the Biblical passage on it.
Every customer of the Christain faith who has bought this as a gift loves both the quality and especially the inspirational message of strength. One customer said it energized him even more before he lifted the weights.
(Another nice and perhaps cooler piece for a powerlifter and weightlifter of the Christain faith is this Men’s Dumbbell and Weight Plate Necklace)
11. 14K Solid Gold Weightlifter Pendant with Chain.
This high-end jewelry is absolutely stunning. Crafted out of real gold, 14K in value, it shows a weightlifter doing his thing. And it is accompanied by an 18″ Length Chain.
This jewelry piece is so regal and oozes class and would be a very unique and endearing gift to give your powerlifter or weightlifter friend or loved one.
12. Inspirational Weightlifter Pendant with Necklace.
This is another inspirational powerlifting themed jewelry. It is shaped in the form of a weight plate with an inspirational message on it. It is suitable for both male and female powerlifters and weightlifters.
This is a nice fashionable and inspirational jewelry for a powerlifter and weightlifter to have.
13. Weight Plate Dumbbell Keychain.
What better way for a powerlifter or weightlifter to carry their keys than with a keychain that says I lift weights for fun. This cool keychain comes with a barbell, a kettlebell, and an inspirational message and is a cool gift to give a powerlifter or weightlifter.
Overall, it is a beautiful gift to give a powerlifter or a weightlifter because of aesthetics. They would love it.
14. Weightlifter Rustic Table Decor.
This beautiful table decorative piece shows a weightlifter and their trainer. It is just the right decor item for a powerlifter or weightlifter. It is made from certified recycled materials and would make any table or mantlepiece look nice.
This gift item would be loved by any powerlifter or weightlifter.
15. Massage Gun.
Every powerlifter or weightlifter would need this massage gun, especially after a very intense workout.
- It is easy to use.
- It has 5-speed settings.
- It works rapidly in soothing sore and tense muscles.
- The battery lasts for a long time.
- It has LED light indicators to tell you how far gone the battery is.
- It does not make too much noise when being used.
- The handle is easy to hold and makes it easy to reach hard to reach places.
- It comes with a travel case.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty and 60-day money-back guarantee.
- It is a little heavy.
- One customer said that the warranty does not extend to breakage due to use.
- Another customer said it stopped charging after 6 months.
Overall, the positive reviews on this product have been great. Given the volume of positive reviews by satisfied customers, we believe it would be a good gift to purchase.
16. Barbell Drawing 5-Piece Wall Art.
This beautiful work of art would make for a nice background in any powerlifter or weightlifter’s personal space. It is printed on a durable canvas and comes ready to hang in 5-pieces.
Like one happy customer said, this is the perfect decorative piece for a home gym and it will feel right at home in a powerlifter or weightlifter’s home gym or other personal space where they want to hang it.
17. Weightlifter Hoodie.
This retro-looking hoodie is the perfect casual wear for a powerlifter or weightlifter as it shows a person lifting weights.
A nice warm hoodie for a powerlifter or weightlifter.
18. Weightlifter 3-D Night Light.
This is the perfect night lamp for a powerlifter or weightlifter. When plugged in, it lights up into a 3-D weightlifter.
Even though it may be small but it sits well and gives the right amount of light for a night lamp. The weightlifter in 3-D would be loved by a powerlifter or weightlifter.
Funny Gifts for Weightlifters and Powerlifters.
These funny powerlifting and weightlifting themed gifts will have your powerlifter or weightlifter friend or loved one in stitches every time they use it.
19. Funny Squats Hoodie.
This cool hoodie comes with a funny message and would tickle every powerlifter or weightlifter.
- It is made of quality material.
- It is warm.
- It is durable.
- It wears well.
- It comes in sizes up to 5XL.
- It comes in only 3 colors.
This hoodie is a funny and nice gift to give a powerlifter or weightlifter.
(If you would prefer the T-shirt option you can check it out here)
20. Funny Fitish Hoodie.
This is another funny hoodie to give because of the funny message which is on it. Powerlifters especially would relate to it because they also enjoy their food as much as they enjoy lifting weights.
- It is made of quality materials.
- It is warm.
- It is easy to clean.
- It is durable.
- It comes in sizes up to 3XL.
- It can be worn by both men and women.
- It comes only in 3 colors.
Watch the laughter that would overcome a powerlifter when you give them this hoodie. That priceless moment is what makes this gift worth giving.
(If you would prefer the T-shirt option, you can check it out here)
21. Crossfit Bobblehead Pencil/Pen Holder.
This funny looking bobblehead also doubles as a pencil/pen holder. It is a real funny gift to give a powerlifter or weightlifter.
This bobblehead is the coolest piece to have on the table and every powerlifter and weightlifter would love it.
22. Funny Workout Coffee Mug.
This is a mug with a hilarious message that is sure to become a talking point amongst powerlifter and weightlifter friends and their loved ones.
This is perfect for a powerlifter and weightlifter and would make having a cup of coffee a truly enjoyable experience.
For a variety or in case you are looking for something else you can also check out these other cool funny powerlifter mugs –
23. If I Die Lifting Weights Funny T-Shirt.
The message on this t-shirt is very funny and a very good conversation starter.
Every powerlifter or weightlifter will wear this t-shirt with pride because the funny message is one that resonates with them.
Powerlifting/Weightlifting Christmas Gifts.
All of the above gifts can also be good Christmas gifts for powerlifters and weightlifters. In addition, you can give any of the following weightlifter ornaments to make their Christmas tree look like a powerlifter’s/weightlifter’s Christmas tree.
24. Weightlifting Christmas Ornament.
This ornament is just what every weightlifter and powerlifter needs on their Christmas tree.
This ornament would be appreciated as a Christmas gift.
25. Funny Weightlifting Santa Ornament.
The idea of a weightlifting Santa is hilarious and this weightlifting Santa is one fit Santa Claus. Every powerlifter or weightlifter’s Christmas tree will be incomplete without this funny Santa ornament.
A Christmas tree without weightlifting Santa is not complete. This is an absolute must-have Christmas gift for a powerlifter or weightlifter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
What do powerlifters sniff before lifting?
They sniff what is known as “smelling salts”. And the reason for this is to get them fired up for the feat of lifting weights which they are about to embark on. According to this article by Men’s Health Magazine, smelling salts have the same effect on their senses as it does to an unconscious person who the salt is used to revive.
What are good weightlifting Christmas gifts?
Any of the gifts in this article would be good Christmas gifts. You can also give them the ornaments in addition to any gift you choose to go with.
Powerlifters and weightlifters all work with weights and that is why the same gift would be suitable for both of them. Our list of 25 Weight Lifting Gift Ideas gives you a perfect and comprehensive list of the best gifts for any occasion for a powerlifter or weightlifter.
02 HOURS 47 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME DESIGNING AND UPLOADING THIS ARTICLE
12 HOURS 10 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME RESEARCHING AND WRITING THIS ARTICLE
LOOKING FOR MORE GIFTS?
Try our AMAZING GIFT FINDER TOOL! Find GIFTS with 1 CLICK!
You Might Also Like
8 PRE-WORKOUT INGREDIENTS TO AVOID WhatToGetMy Instructional Article INTRODUCTION The holiday season has just ended and you’re now contemplating how much fat you’ve gained from eating non-stop during that time. You don’t probably want to hear from your schoolmates or colleagues that you look like
Powerlifters and weightlifters have specific clothing needs which you may be unaware of, and this is why buying them powerlifting training gear is not advisable. The best gifts are powerlifting equipment and accessories and some personalized and funny gifts. Our gift list of 25 Weight
How Does Caffeine Affect Weight Loss? WhatToGetMy Instructional Article How does caffeine affect weight loss? Is drinking coffee preventing you from losing weight or does caffeine cause weight loss? We’ll try to tackle these questions in this article. Naturally, we’ll start by talking about caffeine
If you are looking for FDA approved pre-workout supplements, you are going to have a hard time doing so because the FDA does not approve or reject nutritional supplements. But if there are frequent reports of bad reactions or proven reports of health issues relating
How to Get Motivated to Exercise When You’re Depressed? WhatToGetMy Instructional Article Let’s start by underlining that depression is a serious illness that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. The best way to help yourself is to talk to a therapist.