Finding gifts for a retired dad with no hobbies does not have to be a difficult task to do because retirement is a great time in a man’s life. It is a time that everyone looks forward to, a time where he has plenty of free time to do anything that he wishes to do with a lot less stress involved.
You know that gifts for a retired dad should be items that he really enjoys, hobbies that he can enjoy or that he wants to learn or gifts that are practical items that he will use for years to come. So you want to help him find ways to enjoy his new freedom, to do things that he could never do before, here are a few options that you may want to consider:
You can help him find a couple of hobbies by looking at the things that he has enjoyed throughout his life so far and learn new things by doing something different for example:
- Hobbies that will help him meet people like volunteer at a homeless shelter or an animal shelter or join a group, for example, a book, choir, drama, film or a board game club.
- Hobbies that he can do at home like gardening, painting and drawing, writing (novel or poems) or jigsaws and puzzles.
- Hobbies that will get him out of the house like golfing, bird watching, fishing or photography.
- Hobbies that will get him thinking like joining a chess club, creative writing, games, and puzzles or learning a musical instrument.
- Hobbies that will get him moving like walking, cycling, hiking or bowling.
You can give a retired dad something to keep him occupied for a while, things that he can take his time to put together something like a LEGO bird’s model that he can build and then sit back and admire.
Another great idea of a gift to give him is the gift of books that will help inspire him to enjoy his retirement by giving ideas of what to do and how to live his life to get the most out of the years to come. To educate him and motivate him to improve his health that will make him feel better and younger with a book that is filled with some interesting facts and a lot of humor.
If the above ideas are not what you are looking for, you can give gifts for a retired dad with no hobbies that are practical and will make his life at home doing unavoidable chores a lot easier like an electric blower/ vacuum, an electric saw or a great pressure washer
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn a small commission for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this website. Thank you, your qualifying purchases help support our work in bringing you real daily gift ideas.
Our Gift To You: Find out how to download This Free Printable Card For Retired Dad at the End of This Article.
A gift that will help keep him occupied
LEGO Ideas 21301 Birds Model Kit
Put down your binoculars and get closer to nature by building and displaying these authentic, well-loved birds! They are something unique and very different from the usual sets that you would expect from “LEGO” and once your retire dad is done, you will find yourself catching him staring in fascination at these three beautiful and brightly colored birds, each on their own display stands.
- Fun and easy to build
- Gorgeous and bright colors
- The perfect gift for a creative person who loves birds
- Makes a beautiful display once completed
- Learn more about each bird from the booklet that is provided
- A small portion of reviewers has mentioned that the robin’s breast should have been orange and not red.
- A reviewer found that the hummingbird left a little to be desired as it is plain, flat green.
Majority of customers that have purchased the LEGO Ideas 21301 Birds Model Kit absolutely love this set and wished for more realistic nature or wildlife type sets. The birds have gorgeous colors that make them cheerful and are wonderful to put on display.
Gifts to help make his retired life easier
Variable Speed Cordless Blower
This Greenworks G-MAX 40V 2 AH Lithium-Ion Cordless Leaf Blower is the perfect tool to give a retired dad as he will have more control over this lightweight and easy to use blower, to where the debris is blown to in less time without getting tired. He will be able to blow sand and leaves from his driveway, sidewalks, patio and on his grass in no time at all.
- Lightweight and easy to manage
- Adjustable speed
- Freedom with a cordless
- Not too noisy when operated
- The battery lasts a long time
- A small portion of reviewers has had some issues with the impeller fan for the blower cracking.
- A handful of reviewers found that it does not have enough power for heavy jobs.
Majority of customers that have purchased The Greenworks G-MAX 40V 2 AH Lithium-Ion Cordless Leaf Blower found that it is perfect for small cleaning jobs and they like the adjustable speed it offers as well as the freedom of a cordless design.
Greenworks Cordless Chainsaw
This GreenWorks NEW G-MAX 16-inch DigiPro Chainsaw is a great gift for retired dads as it will make his life a lot easier, while he prunes and fell’s small to medium-sized trees, and bushes in and around his yard without breaking much of a sweat. He will love that this chainsaw will not deafen him or the neighbors as it is quiet, light, easy to start up and use and the incredible safety features that it comes with.
- Easy to start up and operate
- Lightweight and cordless
- Quiet and stays sharp
- Can adjust the chain without needing tools
- Has great safety features
- A small portion of reviewers has had some issues with the oiler not working.
- A handful of reviewers found that you do need to drain any remaining oil or it will leak all over the place.
Majority of customers that have purchased The Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw found that it is a pretty impressive and powerful little saw, they love how easy it is to use, the chain tightening system, that it is vibration free and how quiet it is.
Electric Pressure Washer
With The Joe SPX3000 electric pressure washer, a retired dad can tackle any washing and cleaning type of job that he would like to around his yard with ease. He will be instantly amazed at how quiet this pressure washer is and the power it has for such a lightweight machine.
- Easy to assemble and comes with a different nozzle for different types of jobs
- Much quieter than a gas engine washer
- Easy to move around as it is light
- Has a great amount of power to get the job done
- A good quality product that will last long
- A small portion of reviewers have mentioned that the SunJoe SPX3000 is an M22 fitting, but it is a European M22 fitting, which means the internal fitting is 15mm instead of 14mm.
- A handful of reviewers found that the 20′ hose is just too short.
Majority of customers that have purchased Pressure Joe SPX3000 electric pressure washer has found that it is easy to assemble, very quiet, lightweight with great power and they love the 6 different nozzle tips which are included as they are a breeze to take on and off.
Gift ideas that will help give him some inspiration
How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free: Retirement Wisdom That You Won’t Get from Your Financial Advisor Paperback – by Ernie J. Zelinski (Author)
This retirement book is a great gift for retired dad with no hobbies because it does not focuses on the financial aspect of retirement like many other retirement books do. Although being financially secure is important, this book focuses on what to do with your time now that you are no longer working. It helps to inspire you to find a passion in your life and living it as well as looking after your physical and mental well-being.
- A refreshing approach to retirement
- Enjoyable and easy to read
- Gain inspiration for retirement
- Giving you ideas of what to do with your time
- Focus on your health and getting in the correct frame of mind for retirement
- A small portion of reviewers has found that the book is filled with unnecessary repetition.
- A handful of reviewers found that the book is written more for the younger generation at least 5 – 10 years before you retire.
Majority of customers that have purchased the book of How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free by Ernie J. Zelinski (Author) has found that it is a good book that explores the non-financial aspects of retirement. It is easy to read with practical advice about making life decisions and not financial decisions. The book gives advice on how to approach and think about retirement through quotes, testimonials, scientific studies, stories, exercises and gives you lists of ideas.
Younger Next Year: Live Strong, Fit, and Sexy – Until You’re 80 and Beyond – by Chris Crowley (Author), Henry S. Lodge (Author)
This book makes a great gift for retired dad with no hobbies as it will help him to take control of his physical health by getting into better shape without the use of chemicals and expensive diets. It will help inspire him with the medical facts and a little humor to enjoy his life by being healthier, stronger and a lot less aches and pains.
- Learn how to turn back your biological clock
- Eye opening and life changing experience
- Feel better and healthier
- Easy to understand medical facts with some added humor
- Will inspire almost anyone to exercise
- A small portion of reviewers found the book to be a little long winded.
- A handful of reviewers found the book to be out of date and learned nothing new.
Majority of customers that have purchased The “Younger Next Year: Live Strong, Fit, and Sexy – Until You’re 80 and Beyond” Paperback – by Chris Crowley (Author), Henry S. Lodge (Author) found that it is easy to read and will inspire you to get up, get moving, feel better and healthier.
When deciding on gifts for a retired dad with no hobbies, you can either help him find a hobby, give him something that will keep him occupied, give him a gift that will help inspire him to have an exciting and satisfying retirement or you can give him a gift to help make his daily household chores a whole lot easier.
Get this and so many more free “gifts” on our new marketplace, Spark Resort!
LOOKING FOR MORE GIFTS?
Try our amazing GIFT FINDER TOOL! Find GIFTS in just 1 CLICK!
6 HOURS 45 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME SPENT EDITING AND POSTING THIS ARTICLE
9 HOURS 20 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME SPENT IN RESEARCH AND WRITING THIS ARTICLE