- Consider the climate of Hawaii as you are getting these gifts for the people you care about. If it is someone relocating there, then it will be wise to get them gifts that they can use as they try to settle into their new home
- If the gift is for someone going on vacation to Hawaii, get them something that they can have fun with.
- And no matter what you do, always remember your sunscreen! Let’s dive into the article and see what else you need to pack for your trip to the islands!
BEST GIFTS TO SEND TO HAWAII
Table of Contents
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn a small commission for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this website. Thank you, your qualifying purchases help support our work in bringing you real daily gift ideas.
Remove excess moisture in your home’s atmosphere with this modern design humidifier designed for use in large rooms.
2. Flip-flops – to keep their feet cool and breezy in the warm Hawaii heat. We recommend these Reef men’s flip flops for men
These flip flops are specially designed to make your feet comfortable and withstand the heat of summer.
3. Backup Generator – Because there are unexpected power outages in Hawaii, a generator would be a practical gift. The BALDR Portable power station does not only power electronic equipment such as phones and computers, it also provides lighting.
This portable generator comes with a wireless charger and a flashlight is perfect to use in emergency power outages and/or outdoor camping.
4. Water Filtration System – Clean water is a necessity. The 6-Stage Alkaline Remineralization Layered Filtration is exclusively designed to purify your water in 6 stages thereby getting rid of 99% the impurities that may fester in water.
Water filtration that purifies your water and brings you fresh drinking water safe to drink.
5. Bug Spray – because of the humidity, tropical islands make a breeding ground for most bugs because they survive in the heat. Protect yourself from bug bites by using this bug spray that is made from lemon eucalyptus and lasts up to 6 hours of protection so you can be sure to repel bugs for the duration you are outdoors.
This bug spray is gentle on your skin and has a pleasant smell.
6. Mosquito Net – This thoughtful gift will protect your loved ones from mosquito bites and diseases like malaria that are spread by mosquitoes.
This easy to assemble mosquito net is great for mosquito prone areas and outdoor camping.
Alternatively, you can get them this electronic bug zapper that will kill any mosquitoes and other bugs that it comes in contact with.
- Easy to use
- Does not work as advertised
The electronic bug zapper is easy to set up and it catches all the bugs by attracting them to its light.
7. Money – living in Hawaii can be expensive because it is a tourist island, sometimes wiring money over can be the best gift you can give to someone who lives in Hawaii.
GIFT FOR SOMEONE MOVING TO HAWAII
1. Noise Cancelling Headphones – Because sometimes we all crave some personal space and block out the world or we just want to enjoy our favorite music. Perfect for the flight to Hawaii because not everyone is a fan of those airplane headphones.
Noise Cancelling headphones great for recording and listening to music. If you enjoy music, this one’s for you.
2. Handheld Battery Operated Fan – Get ahead of the heat with this battery-operated fan which has a rotation of 360 degrees, which means that you can put it in the middle of the room and it will reach everyone in it. When charged the fan can operate for 6 hours.
This handheld fan is a wonderful device to have during a heatwave.
3. State of Hawaii Vintage Map – This historic map of Hawaii in 1893 is a great gift for someone moving to Hawaii because of the historic significance that it has. Get them excited and informed about the place they are about to call home! This piece will also make for a great art hanging on the walls of their new home.
Just imagine a part of history crafted and hanging on the walls of your home. Perfect gift for a history junkie.
4. Frozen Drink Maker – Make your cold drinks easy with this. It comes with an ice dispenser and a blender making it easy for you to add your favourite ingredients together and let the machine do the rest!
Be margarita ready all the time with this little device. It is perfect for the summer and cooling off in the heat.
5. Wind Chimes – They are relaxing and great for outdoor decoration. A great gift for people who like outdoor meditation as the sounds produced by the chiming can be quite relaxing
A beautiful piece to have hanging in the garden, by the window, or the front door. Truly transformative.
GIFT IDEAS FOR SOMEONE GOING TO HAWAII
1. Fleece Blanket – For those nights when it is not cold but it is not quite warm either, the fleece comes in handy to give you just the right amount of temperature and coverage.
A fleece blanket is an essential item to have in your home. It is perfect for any type of weather and can be used as a cover up for your legs when it is hot and there are bugs around you.
2. Cruise Gift Card – This gift card will take your loved one on different adventures in the Hawaiian islands. It will also open to them invitations to special celebrations around the islands depending on what season they visit. What better way to give someone the full Hawaiian experience than this?
3. Polaroid Camera – This polaroid will instantly give you your pictures after you have taken them. It is a fun way to create memories that will exist outside of your cell phone gallery because nothing beats having real pictures in your hand.
If you love living in the moment then this polaroid camera is for you. It is great for capturing memories as they happen.
4. Beach Blanket – This blanket is ideal because it is easy to clean so you don’t have to struggle with sand getting everywhere after you are done using it. It also comes in a satchel bag which makes it easy because at the end of beach day, you just fold the blanket up and pack it in the bag and you are ready to go.
A handy item to have on beach day.
GIFT IDEAS FOR ISLAND VACATION
1. Sunglasses – Accessorize and look fashionable for beach day and be picture perfect for those Instagram posts with these amazing sunglasses.
What’s a sunny vacation without some stylish glasses? These will make you look stunning while protecting your eyes from the glare of the sun!
2. Breezy Beach Pants – These stylish pants are great for a walk on the beach or just spending a day out in the sun. If you are in a tourist place, they make for a great cover-up when you take tours so you can avoid sunburns.
Comfortable and stylish loose pants are a must have for a vacation. This pair of pants will have heads turning because they are THAT stunning.
3. Sunscreen – Always remember to protect your skin from harmful sun rays. Get that vacation tan without risking your health.
- For all skin types
- Bottle may leak
- Do not use on face
- May cause allergic reaction (read ingredients before purchasing or using. Avoid if you have sensitive skin and try this Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunscreen Lotion)
Sunscreen smells nice and protects your skin from the sun. A must have for vacations!
HAWAIIAN INSPIRED GIFTS
1. Aloha Doormat – This doormat will welcome your visitors with a little bit of Hawaiian spirit.
Pros: waterproof, beautiful designs
2. Hammock – Everybody loves a hammock! They are great for lazy days when you don’t plan on doing much of anything.This particular one comes with a pillow so you can lay down and sleep all day comfortably.
Pros: strong and sturdy, comfortable, made from real bamboos, portable, safe for children, beautiful colors
HAWAIIAN THEMED GIFTS
1. Hawaii Sweatshirt – Get this Hawaiian themed sweatshirt to commemorate your visit to Hawaii or show your love and appreciation for the beautiful island.
This Hawaii sweatshirt is ideal for reminiscing about previous trips taken to the island or future trips being planned to the island. Either way, it is a beautiful piece of clothing.
2. Kauai Coffee – This Hawaiian made coffee comes highly recommended and praised. It is a great gift to pay homage to the island and also support their local business. If you or you’re the person you are buying the gift for is an avid coffee lover, then we highly recommend that you try out this coffee brew.
The great thing about this Hawaiian grown and processed coffee is that the coffee comes with a portable coffee maker so you can have coffee anytime, anywhere.
3. Leis – You cannot think of Leis and not instinctively think of Hawaii. These are great for themed group gatherings or parties, both for children and adults. Get a Lei and have a Luau with your family and friends in the summer to (re)create your memories from Hawaii
Leis – because “ain’t no party like a lei party cause a lei party don’t stop!” Seriously, who doesn’t have fun while wearing a lei?
4. Coconut cups – These coconut shaped cups are great for parties. They come with bendy straws in different colors and can be used to hold cold beverages.
- Easy to clean
- Made from plastic
Drinking cold beverages has never looked so cool. Get a feel of the island life with these amazing coconut cups.
HAWAIIAN WEDDING GIFT IDEAS
1. Engraved Picture Frame – This engraved picture frame comes with a slot where you can insert a poem or words of inspiration to the married couple. This adds a personal touch to the product and it will make the gift meaningful and special
This picture frame makes for a sentimental and heartwarming gift to newly weds.
2. Toaster – Enjoy evenly toasted bread without having to lift a finger, well not too many fingers at least. This toaster will automatically lift and lower the toast. It will even go as far as keeping your toast warm for three minutes if you are busy so you can always have your toast warm and fresh.
Pros: Automatically keeps toast warm, Automatic lift and lower, has seven shade settings for toast, modern design, beautiful
HAWAIIAN CHRISTMAS GIFTS
1. Hawaiian Macadamia Nuts – Reminiscent of the Islands beloved snack, Macadamia nuts are tasty and healthy and can be enjoyed either dry roasted or with sea salt in it. Here is a gift packaging idee for you: pour the Macadamia nuts in a mason jar, close the jar with tin foil and finish with a ribbon on top of it.
- Healthy snack
- Some customers complained about nuts being stale
These Macadamia nuts are a great taste of Hawaii, they are delicious and you can snack on them at any time.
2. Tote Bags – They carry so much and come in so many different colors, patterns, and designs that will remind you of the simple and carefree life on the island.
Great bag to carry at the beach, it is big enough too so you can store all your beach items in it.
3. Ukulele – A ukulele is the gift that everyone, well almost everyone, brings back home from Hawaii. It is a great gift for any occasion, especially to music lovers or people who are trying to get into making music.
- Comes with free ukulele lessons
- Poor quality material used
The Ukulele is a great instrument for learning and experienced musicians alike. It is a fun instrument to play by the beach around a bonfire to a singalong.
HAWAIIAN GIFTS FOR WOMEN
1. Coral Sarong – Beautiful sarong can be worn around the waist like a wrap or used to cover around the shoulders, or loosely tied around the neck.
This sarong comes in many vibrant colors that scream “Summer!”
2. Luggage Tags – To help her keep track of her luggage throughout her travels because nothing is quite as annoying as losing your luggage in transit and never being able to recover it.
Forget about losing your luggage with these tags strapped on them for easy identification. Travelling just got a lot less stressful.
3. Travel Journal – So that she can document and plan her trip.
- Beautiful design
- Lightweight paper
Beautiful brown leather journal perfect for planning trips.
4. Makeup Bag – Because every girl deserves a makeup bag that keeps her make up neatly organized and dry even on vacations.
Beautifully decorated makeup bag perfect for neatly organizing makeup during a trip.
5. Aloha Necklace – This beautiful necklace is the perfect gift for a girl who is on a trip to Hawaii because not only is it an amazing memento, it is also stylish to wear even after the vacation is over so that way she will get extended use of the gift.
- Cheap material
6. Bikinis – Everyone needs a bikini that will turn heads and get admiration when they are on vacation and these two piece bikinis will do just that. Boost her self confidence and make her feel great about her body in any of these bikini pieces.
A beautiful bikini is an essential for every island vacation and these Zaful bikinis are exactly what you need.
HAWAII GIFTS FOR GUYS
1. Travel Camera – So that he can capture his great adventures in high-resolution videos, and next-level image quality
- Has built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Customizable exposure setting for nighttime shooting
- Product may have some glitches that need to be fixed
Adventure has never looked so cool than through the lens of a GoPro Hero4!
2. Surfboard Rack– For your surfer friend to keep all his surfboards organized.
- Easy to assemble
- Not waterproof
Great for keeping surfboards in check and organized when not in use
This article might help you decide what other gifts to get a surfer
3. Bbq Kit Cooler – Practical bbq tool sets for beach parties when grilling is involved. This set has everything you need for grilling except for the meat! It is a great gift not only for vacations but also for barbecues in his own backyard.
Convenient barbecuing whenever, wherever.
4. Swimming Trunks – Perfect for the beach, pool parties, and fishing trips. These swimming trunks are comfortable and fit perfectly because of the elastic band around the waist.
Look good in these beautiful colors of these beautiful swim trunks.
Related Article: Adventurous gifts for him
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the disadvantages of living in Hawaii?
Although living on an island sounds like a dream for a lot of us, there are downsides to living on an island. The biggest one being that everything is expensive because the prices are made to cater to tourists, and to top it off there aren’t that many job perspectives so unless you have disposable money, we would advise against moving to Hawaii on a whim.
What should I pack for my trip to Hawaii?
Pack as you would going to any tropical island keeping in mind that it is going to be very hot and very humid. We suggest packing clothes made from lighter material, sun screen, flip flops (because you cannot walk barefoot in the hot sand and you will sweat right through your closed toe shoes), swimwear, and summer hats. However, not all the islands share similar weather at all times so we suggest you do a little bit of research before you embark on your trip.
What languages are spoken in Hawaii?
Just as many tourist attraction places, English is widely spoken on the Hawaiian islands. however, other languages such as Hawaiian and Portuguese are also widely spoken on the island.
Whatever the occasion is, we hope we have helped you find and pick out the perfect gift for someone you care about who is either currently residing in or is thinking of moving to or visiting Hawaii. We had fun selecting these ideas and we hope you have fun picking them.
02 HOURS 52 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME DESIGNING AND UPLOADING THIS ARTICLE
10 HOURS 50 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME RESEARCHING AND WRITING THIS ARTICLE
LOOKING FOR MORE GIFTS?
Try our AMAZING GIFT FINDER TOOL! Find GIFTS with 1 CLICK!
You Might Also Like
15 Fun Things to Do on Long Island With Boyfriend WhatToGetMy Instructional Article If you and your boyfriend are planning on going for a romantic getaway to Long Island, consider visiting places that either you or your partner will find exciting. you may also try
Things to Bring on Vacation to the Beach WhatToGetMy Instructional Article An exciting beach vacation starts with making important preparations following a vacation preparation checklist such as your budget, your beach vacation destination, your lodging preferences, your means of travel, and experiences amongst others. Once
43 Adventurous Things To Do With Your Girlfriend WhatToGetMy Instructional Article Adventurous activities are a guaranteed fun way to keep the fire of love burning in any relationship. This article lists all the fun, crazy, and exciting things to do with your girlfriend to keep