People deal with loss differently and finding the right words to console someone mourning the loss of their grandmother is not easy. The depth of their grief may not fully be understood but getting them a gift will show them how much you care for them.
- In this article, you will find 17 beautiful memorial gifts for the loss of a grandmother. We also included gifts for young mourners who lost their grandmother.
Before you jump into our gift ideas, here is a list of other sympathy gifts articles we’ve written;
1. MEMORIAL GRANDMOTHER PLAQUE
Get them this butterfly-shaped plaque in memory of grandma. The plaque design is stunning, and the quote on it is simple and lovely.
- The colors are gorgeous
- The sellers pay attention to packaging to ensure it arrives intact
- It is a 41/2” plaque. It is not a big plaque although the product picture might project it to be.
It is a lovely memorial gift.
2. ANGEL WITH DOVE STATUE
This statue is a symbol of peace and serenity. A gift of comfort and hope that both the person grieving and the departed will find peace. If they are religious, consider getting them this ‘angel with dove statue’. The statue measures 5 x 19.5 x 10”, weighs an ounce, and was made from stone resin.
This is another good memorial gift
3. MEMORIAL CANDLE
Include memorial candles in your gift-giving, especially scented once. Scented candles can be soothing. They help to create a calm atmosphere which is good relaxation and comfort giving. Memorial candles can be a very useful gift to your grieving friend. We love this memorial candle for three reasons; the message on the jar, the color of the jar, and that the candle is scented. It is made with soy wax.
- The candle last long
- It has a good review for its scent
- It might be seen as expensive but we think the price befits the product
We recommend it
4. ANGEL TEA LIGHT HOLDER
This angel candle holder is quite stunning. Angel gifts are generally good memorial gifts. They are associated with peace and divinity. Whenever a candle is lit on this candle holder, let it be a reminder that an amazing woman is resting peacefully.
A beautiful sympathy gift
5. MEMORIAL STONE
This memorial stone is perfect indoor or outdoor. The pebble design is absolutely stunning. The message on it is equally mature and lovely. The package includes an easel too.
- It looks durable
- It is well priced
- A customer complained about receiving the wrong memorial stone. This kind of mistake is inconvenient to consumers and sadly, they are not uncommon with online purchases. Hopefully, the sellers would be more careful.
This is a really beautiful memorial gift. We highly recommend it.
6. ANGEL MUSICAL FIGURINE
You can get this beautiful music figurine for a young child who lost their grandmother. The tune it plays is amazing grace.
We think that this a really lovely gift for someone who lost grandmother
7. ENAMEL KEEP SAFE URN
If she will be cremated, get this beautiful urn as a sympathy gift. If you are not close to the bereaved, sending an urn is not such a good idea. It will make an awkward gift.
- It comes with a full refund warranty in case you don’t like the urn
- Customers are impressed with the quality of this urn
- It is absolutely beautiful
- It comes in different colors
- It will have some weight
The design and quality of this urn are impressive, however, it is a conditional gift. Get it on request or permission of the bereaved.
8. BUTTERFLIES KEEPSAKE BOX
Quite too often, little children are excluded in gift-giving which is not fair. Gifting them with items that will help them remember their grandmother instead of relying on just stories told about their grandmother is a good way that helps them appreciate the memory of the departed as they grow older. You can give a young child who lost their grandma this beautiful keepsake box. You can fill it with pictures or items that help them remember their grandmother. The box measures 4 x 4 x 2” tall and was made in the Philippines. The Box was made with oyster shells.
- Pretty; the butterfly design is absolutely gorgeous
- Good craftsmanship
- It looks well-made
- It looks fragile and since it’s being gifted to a young person, care might be needed
This is a beautiful grandmother remembrance gift.
9. ANGEL SYMPATHY GIFT
This granny’s memorial angel wing ornament is a lovely item to get a teenager who lost their grandmother. The rhinestone crystal pendent and lavender flower pendant make the entire ornament attractive and sentimental. This ornament has multipurpose use.
- It arrives beautifully packaged in a gift box
- This ornament might be considered a feminine gift because of the lavender flower.
It is a little cute memorial gift
10. ANGEL TEDDY BEAR
Another cute memorial gift for a little one is this angel teddy bear. It definitely can’t replace the warm hugs and kisses of a grandmother but it is sure a cute cuddle buddy to have. You can go a step further by getting the teddy embroidered with granny’s favorite quotes to the little one. The child will treasure this gift as they grow older.
- A lot of customers were impressed with the quality of this plush toy
- It is adorable
- Value for money item
- The color of this plush might be difficult to maintain if the recipient is a kid.
This teddy is adorable, customers that have purchased it considered it soft, giftable, and a value for money item.
11. HUMMINGBIRD STATUE FIGURINE
If their grandmother is a bird lover, consider getting this hummingbird statue as a remembrance gift. Some of the best sympathy gifts are those that remind us of the life the departed lived. This statue was made with poly stone and measures 7.2 x 5 x 7.8”.
- Fine craftsmanship
- Good quality
- Well packaged
- A few customers are not happy with the size. They felt that the statue was quite small.
We think that this is a really gorgeous statue. Customers rated it well. It will make a good grandmother’s remembrance gift.
12. COMFORT THROW BLANKET
Get this comfort throw blanket for your friend. This is a very comforting gift and appropriate too.
- Lightweight and of good length
- It is of good quality
- The cream color is beautiful
- The quote on it is lovely.
- Precautions should be taken if being washed with a machine since the material is delicate.
This is a cherishable memorial gift. It is simple but comforting.
13. PERSONALIZED MEMORIAL BRACELET
This personalized memorial keepsake bracelet will make a lovely gift. You can send your quote to the seller for engraving and they can equally mimic your handwriting if you want them to. You just have to send a picture of what you want them to write on the bracelet with your writing. The metal band is available in silver stainless steel, brass, and copper for you to choose from.
- The personalized option make it a unique gift
- The bracelet might be tight for people with big wrists.
This is a unisex bracelet. Your personalized quote will make it unique and of sentimental value.
14. SMALL PEWTER KEEPSAKE URN
Although urns are not the go-to gifts, small keepsake urns like this are perfect. They can be used to store many other personal items of their grandmother apart from her ashes. Maybe her hair, piece of clothing, a dried flower from her garden, sand from her gravesite, and many more. This is particularly good for a male grandson since men generally do not have the habit of keeping a keepsake box.
- The color and size is perfect
- The quality is also great
- You can engrave on this kind of gift to make it a little more special
- It has a full refund warranty in case you do not like it
- A few customers pointed out design flaws but they were still pleased with the urn
It is a pretty urn. This gift can make a sentimental gift.
15. MEMORIAL PEWTER PHOTO ORNAMENT
This is a lovely pewter photo ornament. You can fit in a small-sized (1.5 x 2”) favorite picture of their grandmother and give it to them as a gift to your children, nephews, or nieces. They will cherish it.
- It is a little cute picture frame
- The material is durable
- It is beautifully packaged
- Although the frame is small, yet the size might not be convenient to carry around in case a person would want to.
Even though the sellers do not offer engravings, you can still engrave something nice on it. It makes the item worthwhile.
16. PERSONALIZED WOOD BURN MEMORIAL PHOTO
If you have a good picture of the bereaved and their grandmother, consider getting them this burned memorial photo. The wood burn photo is made on a piece of birch plywood that is 6mm thick. Gifts like this are really special. Apart from the photo, you can include a text if you want to.
- Most customers that have gotten this are really impressed with the quality. This burned photo comes highly recommended.
- This is a unique gift, durable too
- It arrives well packaged
- It doesn’t come cheap
The burned photos look fantastic and since customers highly recommend this seller, we have no doubt that you will love the quality of this gift, as well as the bereaved.
17. SYMPATHY GIFT BASKET
Sympathy gift baskets are one of the best gifts you can give someone grieving. Oftentimes those that are grieving barely find time to do chores including cooking. Sympathy baskets give them quick access to edibles that help them replenish their energy. This Wine Country gift basket has a good collection of gourmet food/snacks that will sustain your friend.
- Customers love the quality and collection of food in the basket
- They noted that the seller delivered this item quickly
- It is beautifully packaged
- Considering that this is a sympathy gift, it would be nice if sellers offered customers exactly what they have ordered, including the packaging. Changing customer’s orders are inconvenient. This type of mistake is however not uncommon with gift baskets.
Customers rated this basket excellently for packaging, giftable, flavor, and thickness. This is a thoughtful memorial gift.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What gift can I get for someone who lost a grandmother?
You can get them personalized jewelleries, photo ornaments, comfort blankets and plushes, comfort food, figurines, and keepsake gifts. You can also get them practical gifts you think they would find useful even if it doesn’t depict bereavement. Finding sympathy gifts is not easy but you can try looking for angel gifts and dove gifts, they make good memorial gift ideas.
2. What do you say when your friend’s grandmother dies?
Finding the right words to console a friend who lost their grandmother is not easy but we can never really tell the depth of their grieve. But you can say;
- I am sorry for your loss Josh. Your grandmother is an amazing woman
- Hey Sarah, I heard what happened to your grandmother and I’m sorry for your loss. I may not understand the depth of your grieve but please do not hesitate to call me if you need anything
- Hey Daniel, this is not an easy period for you but I am praying for you. I would love to show support to you and your family. Please do let me know whenever funeral arrangements have been made.
3. What is an appropriate sympathy gift?
The appropriateness of your gift depends on the kind of relationship you have with the deceased and or the bereaved. The safest memorial gifts to get are flowers, gift baskets, candles, and memorial ornaments like memorial photos and albums, memorial stones, figurines, plushies, inspirational/memorial jewelry, and comfort throws and pillows.
The loss of a grandmother can be a difficult period for a lot of grandchildren both young and old. For many, their grandma provided the best alternative getaway home or safe space to stay and the thought of losing that and speaking of the bond they shared abstractly is painful. Finding the right words to say to a person grieving is not easy nor deciding on an appropriate gift. We understand the challenges that come with loss and hope that this article gives you the right ideas to support a person mourning the death of their grandmother.
2 HOURS 25 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME DESIGNING AND UPLOADING THIS ARTICLE
11 HOURS 12 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME RESEARCHING AND WRITING THIS ARTICLE
LOOKING FOR MORE GIFTS?
Try our AMAZING GIFT FINDER TOOL! Find GIFTS with 1 CLICK!
You Might Also Like:
Gift giving for grandparent’s day can be a notch special this year for your kids and their grandparents. We know that it is not always easy working with preschoolers in the gift decision/making process but they add a touch of uniqueness to the gift. It is this unique...
WhatToGetMy Instructional Article Losing a grandma is one of the saddest and hardest times in a person’s life. When your friend has lost their grandma, you will want to do and say something that will make them feel better - without downplaying the severity of the...
The loss of a loved one comes with various emotions like sadness, shock, disbelief, helplessness, regrets, wishes, depression etcetera. Sometimes we may not fully understand how a bereaved feels and therefore we may find it difficult to console them with the right...
We show you in this article what to buy your grandparents including gifts for grandparents who live far away and gifts for new grandparents. You will also find gifts for grandparents who have everything, last minute gifts for grandparents, tech gifts for grandparents,...
Choosing gifts for Indian grandparents can seem overwhelming to some people because of the uncertainty of what their grandparents like or need. This is due to the significant age difference between the grandchild and grandparent. Grandparents play a vital role in...