11 Sweetest Things to Say to Your Husband
WhatToGetMy Instructional Article
If you are looking for the sweetest things to say to your husband, you are already on the right track as a spouse because you realize the importance of complimenting him.
Too many people take the impact that compliments have on marriage for granted. Compliments remind a person that they are loved, appreciated, and admired by their spouse and when this is coming from the closest person in your life, it packs an extra punch.
With men, this is even more effective. You see husbands are generally taught to be providers of some sort and an unfortunate effect of this is that they are indirectly trained not to expect compliments for the things they do because they are simply doing what is expected of them.
The more you break this cycle and give your husband compliments and show him appreciation, the more he will both love you and love being with you because he appreciates the appreciation.
Words can make or break a person so when you compliment your husband, you are also giving him more confidence and esteem to take on the world.
To help you out, we have prepared some of the most romantic things to say to your husband to gas him up with some of them being quotes and others being more general to provide you with the opportunity to be more unique.
Check out this related article on how to make your husband feel appreciated.
1. Tell him how much you love him
You might already say this quite often but this is a reminder to keep saying it. Affirmations of love can go a long way in making your husband’s day because you never know when he might be having one of those stressful days where he needs to be reminded that you love him.
There are multiple things that you can say to express love to your husband and some of them are:
- I love you
- I love you more today than I did yesterday and tomorrow I will love you more than I do now.
- Whenever I look at you, all I see is love and I am grateful to be loved.
- I love you “Mr ______” – Love, “Mrs _____ “
- You make me believe in love and the ability to love. I love you honey.
- I both love and like you my love.
You can even write some romantic poetry for your husband where you can use different metaphors and similes to show just how much you love him. Throw in some personal instances where his actions made you love him even more for a heavier effect.
2. Tell him how much you appreciate the things he does for you
One of the best compliments for husbands is telling them how much you appreciate the things they do for you.
From being your confidant to your best friend to your cheerleader to the person who spoils you with gifts and financial support and many more, good husbands do quite a lot for their wives – as they should – and so some appreciation should be shown.
Some appreciation quotes for husbands include:
- You make me feel so blessed in life because you are always there when I need you.
- I would not have been able to accomplish even half of the things I have if I didn’t have you by my side.
- You took care of me when I was sick and you smiled every day as you did so. I need no further proof of God because you are divinely crafted.
- Don’t think I don’t notice the time and effort you put into making this marriage work. I see it, appreciate it, and will try my best to reciprocate it.
- Thank you for always trying to make me happy.
- You take care of my family as if it were your own. I can never thank you enough my love.
3. Tell him how handsome you think he is
Much like women like being told that they are beautiful, so also do men. Telling your husband that you think he is handsome will have him smiling from ear to ear especially when he doesn’t expect it.
There are quite a number of ways to tell your husband that you think he is handsome and one of them is to mention to him how all your friends find him irresistible and always tell you how jealous of you they are.
Other ways you can tell him include:
- Please hide your face at work honey, you might distract everyone with your good looks.
- Are you sure you are human? Because you look more like a Greek god.
- Oi. Fine boy. Send me a selfie so I brag about you.
- Truth be told, I married the most handsome man I ever saw.
- That picture you just uploaded; you look really handsome my love.
- You look so handsome with that haircut babe.
4. Tell him you support his dreams
One of the most underrated things to say to your husband to make him smile is that you support his ambitions and how hard he is working towards them. It reminds him that he has a cheerleader who genuinely wants the best for him.
According to experts, this serves as encouragement for husbands and can go a long way in inspiring them to work even harder to achieve their goals and it will most likely lead to him reciprocating the gesture with your goals as well.
It is therefore important that you both discuss your goals as well as other financial issues so that you are both knowledgeable enough to support each other’s ambitions.
If you are now trying to think of, “what encouraging words for my husband I can tell him,” then here are some examples to inspire you:
- I see you waking up every day with sleep in your eyes to go work and be great and it makes me so proud of you.
- I don’t know how you juggle both studying and work but I think it is amazing and I promise to help you where I can.
- Things might not have worked out last time but you are a strong and hardworking man and I have no doubt you will conquer this time.
- If you need an extra set of eyes to look over that proposal, I would be happy to take a few hours off of work for you.
5. Tell him how good in bed he is
Men absolutely love it when you praise their virility which is why a love thing to say to your husband is how good in bed he is. You can also praise the level of physical intimacy he has with you such as when he cuddles, hugs, or holds your hand.
We guarantee that he will smile when you send him a message related to this topic especially when it has to do with sex because no man I know wants to be told that they are not pleasing their wives in that department.
If you want him really smiling like a fool, text him about how you want him to give you some love at that very moment. This is like poetry for husbands from a wife and it will be sure to make him smile as well as elicit other very strong emotions – nudge nudge wink wink.
And if your husband is not particularly good in bed, telling him that you enjoy him and want more of him can be effective in making him want to put in more effort into pleasing you.
You can complement his virility with some of these lines:
- I’m not sure what that thing you did to me last night was, but honey please keep it coming.
- I bought some new lingerie today. Interested?
- You busy? There is something I need you to see in the bedroom.
- I love that you are able to go so long in bed love.
- I didn’t even know you could do that thing you did yesterday. It’s like I keep discovering more of you every day.
- I think we should let the kids sleep over at their friends tonight. I want a date with you know who.
- I hope you haven’t eaten because I wanna be your dinner tonight.
6. Tell him that you miss him
One of the most romantic things to say to your husband is that you miss him. We are not talking about how you tell him you miss him when he is on a long trip – although that’s still necessary – but rather telling him this when you saw each other that very same day.
This is one of the sweetest things to say to your husband because it makes him feel as though you cannot get enough of him. In making him feel needed, you would be activating his “hero’s instinct” which experts say is a surefire way to make a man feel happy.
Some short love quotes for your husband to show that you miss him include:
- I know I just saw you this morning but I miss you. Please come home early so I can be with my husband.
- Happy anniversary to my husband whom I miss so very much.
- I find myself browsing poems for husbands online just so I can show you how much I miss you.
- Could you tell your boss to let you come home from the trip early? There is a wife who so very heavily misses her husband.
- Couple of things on my schedule today; work, get the kids ready for school, and miss you.
7. Tell him how good a husband and father he is
Something nice to say to your husband is that he is a good father and husband. These are traditional roles that men are supposed to excel at as shown by research by Pew Research Center.
Telling him that he is doing a good job in this area can therefore have a greater emotional effect he would ever put on.
You also get bonus points for saying that he is a good son because it means that he is a good family man all around.
Some appreciation quotes for husbands to tell them the good jobs they are doing include:
- You make me feel like I have the best husband in the world. Other husbands need to learn from you. I love you.
- Thank you for being such a good father to the kids.
- I find it utterly sexy how you still find time to be with your parents. You are a good son.
- Thank you for being so loyal to me. I could not ask for a better husband.
Here are other things to compliment a good father and husband on.
8. Tell him how you feel safe with him
This is one of the ways to tell your husband you love him because people only feel safe with someone that they have intense feelings for. It also proves that you trust him and that you consider him to be a strong man who can take care of his woman in times of adversity so to speak.
To help you with how to show your husband you love him and feel safe with him, here are some quotes:
- I trust you honey.
- When I am with you, I feel no sense of danger.
- I love that I can tell you any and everything about me.
- You make me feel so safe when I am with you and I never want that feeling to end.
- There are many things to worry about in life but being with you makes it so much easier to get over them.
9. Tell him that you love him for who he is
A lot of men complain about how their wives try to change them into something they are not after marriage. One way of showing love to your husband, therefore, is to tell him that you love him for who he is and that you don’t want to change him.
Yes, everyone needs to make minor changes in marriage but telling him this sets his mind at ease and would make it easier to suggest minor changes to his personality.
Some messages for your husband to show that you love him for who he is include:
- Sometimes you are a bit ________ your decisions but I would have it no other way.
- You have a great personality my love. It attracted me to you and it attracts me more every day.
- I love you for who you are because you are the best version of yourself.
- I love your demeanor and the way you relate to those around you. I always brag about my husband because of this and I have no plans to stop.
10. Tell him how happy you are that you are married to him
Express love to your husband in words by telling him that marrying him was one of the best decisions you ever made. Telling him this reassures him that he is doing a good job as a husband and will only lead to the marriage being stronger.
This is even more effective during tough times in the marriage because it lets him know that you want to stick with him through whatever storms you are facing.
Some special quotes for husbands to show that you are happy with your marriage are:
- Saying I do to you was the best decision of my life.
- Every day I wake up and see you by my side, I feel so thankful.
- Looking at my wedding ring and remembering who put it there brings such joy to my heart.
- Things may not be working out right now but I am here for you and will always be here for the man I married.
- We’ve been married for all these years but I still get butterflies in my stomach when I see you.
- I am happy to be yours and happy that you are mine. I love you.
11. Ask him out on a date
A cute thing to say to your husband is to ask him out on a date. This works better if it is your treat of course because that will make him feel spoiled.
Suggest a place he likes and wear that outfit that he loves and watch as his smile never goes away from the very first moment you mention the date to an entire day after the date.
Bear in mind that a date does not have to be at a fancy restaurant but can be anywhere you think he would like. You could for instance get tickets to a game where his favorite team is playing or tickets to a concert with Paul Mccartney. So long as it’s something he likes and you can be together, it’s a date.
Share romance with your husband and ask him out on a date with these quotes:
- You busy tomorrow night? I wanna take you out honey.
- Got us tickets to the _______ game. You down?
- The kids are off to my mom’s for the weekend and I have reservations to ____ hotel. Is my husband down for a weekend getaway?
- Would you do me the honor of being my date tonight Mr. ______? I have reservations at _____.
Here are some more ideas for a romantic evening as well as fun things to do in marriage.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to say to your husband to make him feel loved?
- Tell him you appreciate what he does for you.
- Tell him that you miss him
- Tell him that he is a good husband and a great father
- Tell him that you love his personality and who he is in general
- Tell him that you are happy that you married him
- Tell him that you love him
How can I make my husband feel special with words?
- Tell him how handsome he is
- Tell him that you love him so very much
- Remind him that being with him makes you feel so happy
- Let him know how much he means to you
- Mention how he is a very good lover
- Send him a poem about how much you miss him
How can I express my love to my husband?
- Send him love quotes to show that you love and miss him
- Write him a poem expressing how he is the best thing to ever happen to you
- Take him out on a date and spoil him
- Buy him gifts in areas he is interested in such as video games and men’s fashion
- Give him a night he will never forget
- Call him out of the blue just to tell him that you love him
Again, the mere fact that you are looking for how to express love to your husband through words is applaudable on its own and we hope that this article has shown you some of the ways to do so.
You should remember that the sweetest things to say to your husband are those that have a personal touch to them. This means that as much as you can take inspiration from this article, be sure to splice it up with some personal experiences as this would hit him harder and be sure to make him smile.
01 HOUR 21 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME DESIGNING AND UPLOADING THIS ARTICLE
10 HOURS 49 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME RESEARCHING AND WRITING THIS ARTICLE
You Might Also Like
13 Signs He Is Hiding Something
13 Signs He Is Hiding Something WhatToGetMy Instructional Article Are you wondering if he’s hiding something from you and what are the right techniques to find out for sure? If you have found yourself thinking “is my boyfriend hiding something from me?” chances are that
25 Signs You Are a Bad Wife WhatToGetMy Instructional Article A lot of marriages come to an end not because there was infidelity in the marriage but because either one or both partners were bad to each other and this led to certain actions that
23 Ways How to Make Your Husband Feel Appreciated and Loved
23 Ways on How to Make Your Husband Feel Appreciated and Loved WhatToGetMy Instructional Article Making your husband feel appreciated and loved is one of the important keys to a successful and long-lasting marriage. Find out in this article, 23 ways to make your husband
How to deal with an emotionally immature husband? 7 effective ways.
How to deal with an emotionally immature husband WhatToGetMy Instructional Article A husband that lacks emotional maturity is like a thorn in the flesh. His actions are irritable to his wife and children and threaten the family’s unity. Aside from identifying the signs of an
29 Perfect Gifts For Someone Who Hates Everything
A person who hates everything could have one or several reasons for hating everything. It could be because they are just angry people, or that they don’t like gifts, or they don’t know what they want or they have everything. The key to choosing the
What Can I Buy My Husband For Christmas
Have you noticed that even though your husband is the one person in your life that you know so well and appreciate a lot, you still, for some reason, find yourself struggling to come up with ideas for gifts for him? If you tend to
How to Celebrate Your Husband’s Birthday Differently
How to Celebrate Your Husband’s Birthday Differently WhatToGetMy Instructional Article You’re probably wondering how to celebrate your husband’s birthday differently. In the last couple of years, you were having a typical birthday celebration for your husband and now you want to change something. It doesn’t
How to Tell if Your Husband Is Lying: 13 Signs He Is Being Unfaithful
How to Tell if Your Husband Is Lying: 13 Signs He Is Being Unfaithful WhatToGetMy Instructional Article There are many reasons why husbands lie in relationships. Sometimes they lie to protect the wife’s feelings over small things such as their opinion on the wife’s appearance.
21 Signs a Woman Is Interested in Your Husband and What to Do
Signs a Woman Is Interested in Your Husband WhatToGetMy Instructional Article This article throws light on issues regarding women who are interested in other women’s husbands, and how to deal with this issue. It also addresses the issue of husbands who flirt with other women
What To Give Your Husband For 20th Wedding Anniversary – 15 Best 20th Anniversary Gifts.
This article helps you with what to get your husband for your 20th anniversary celebration. You will find traditional 20th anniversary gifts for him, as well as best and unique 20th anniversary gifts for your husband. Twenty years of marriage is no small feat. Congratulations