The death of a dog is a hard time for its owner. Losing a friend so dear comes with so many memories, wishes, and pain. At times, the fear of moving on or not moving past the grief envelopes some dog owners and then affects them in different ways. What is essential is showing support. As a friend or family to a person/people grieving the death of their dog, choosing to get them sympathy gifts is an excellent way to show support. It helps their healing process.
- In this article, you will find 15 gift items to send to someone whose dog died. They include memorial figurines, stones, jewelry, sympathy packages, and personalized dog gifts.
For more gift ideas you can read a senior article titled gift for friend who lost pet.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn a small commission for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this website. Thank you, your qualifying purchases help support our work in bringing you real daily gift ideas.
1. NO LONGER BY MY SIDE MEMORIAL STONE
Dogs are loyal friends. They stand by their owners and support them in their own way. They may not speak human language but they are filled with love and compassion. It is this very nature that makes losing them very painful. This memorial stone is a good tribute to the friendship a dog owner shared with his or her dog.
- The quality of the stone is great and will last for a while
- The message on the stone is uplifting
- This is an average-sized memorial stone. If you are looking for something bigger, you might not prefer this stone
The ratings for this memorial stone are impressive, it is a good reflection on its quality. You can be rest
2. GOLDEN RETRIEVER PLUSH
Plush gifts are a source of comfort to many; they are good cuddle buddies. Gifts like this will be particularly helpful to young children that are mourning the death of their pet friend. There are many cute plush toy dogs on amazon and this Golden retriever is one. If your friend had a Golden Retriever as a pet, send them this plush toy with a card, chocolate, and some flowers. They make good comfort gifts.
- This plush has clean stitches. It is well made and would last for a while
- Plush dogs that look like the one the owner had are a good tribute to the dog. It reminds the bereaved of positive memories they shared with their dog.
- The fur of this plush is soft.
- A few customers noted that the size of the plush is smaller than advertised.
This is a beautiful golden retriever. We recommend that you get it
3. DOG FRIENDSHIP FIGURINE
A part of grieving is reliving memories. Clinging on to good memories they shared with their dog will help them positively. Gift them items that will help relive fond memories of their dog like this friendship figurine. The figurine depicts a happy moment with a puppy. They may cry and laugh when they get this figurine but they will be happy to get a gift like this.
- The happy picture this figurine depicts is beautiful
- Fine craftsmanship
- It arrives beautifully packaged
- This is a figurine gift for female friends and loved ones. For male friends and loved ones, consider getting this Willow tree kindness figurine.
We think that this figurine is beautiful and well made, it is a good gift for a friend whose dog died.
4. MY ANGEL HAS PAWS BRACELET
A bracelet like this is a good reminder of the warm moments they spent with their dog. The message “my angel has paws” on the bracelet is beautiful. We love the thickness of this bracelet. It also looks durable.
- The message on the bracelet is beautiful
- It is unisex
- It is thick and durable
- Easy to wear and remove
- This bracelet is most importantly a good tribute to a dog.
- Might be tight for people with bigger wrists.
5. KLAXAVEL CONDOLENCE PET PACKAGE
The sad reality about loss is that nothing can be done to bring back the dead. But the concept of divinity and the idea that the ones we cherish take on another form to watch over us can be consoling to many. With the condolence package, and when the wind chimes dangle to create a soothing sound, let it be a reminder to your friend that their dog is a peaceful place.
This package includes a 19” metal wind chime, a sentimental paw print, and heart pendant, a red metal collar, and a heartfelt poem. This is a simple but beautiful and heartfelt memorial package. It is worth giving as a gift.
- The poem is beautiful
- It is a heartfelt package
- The chime accessories are pretty
- This product has a pretty good rating from customers
- You might need to assemble the chime yourself.
- A few customers felt that this item is unreasonably priced given the quality of the metals and the size
Although we do not know how durable this chime is, a good number of customers that have bought this product are happy with it. You might prefer this ASTARIN pet memorial chime, however, it does not come with a poem.
6. ANGEL HOLDING DOG FIGURINE
A figurine like this one conveys a message that the deceased dog is being looked after by an angel. The dog is in a better and happy place. This figurine is expected to bring comfort and peace to the person mourning.
This figurine is 6” tall and arrives in a pretty box ready for gift wrapping.
- Good craftsmanship
- Beautiful figurine
- Reasonable priced
- Customers love the quality of this
- A customer complained about the unevenness of the paint on the figurine
This is a beautiful figurine and a lovely gift to someone who has lost their dog
7. DOG URN NECKLACE
This pretty urn necklace is worth giving. With it, they will be able to keep their beloved dog close to their heart.
- The necklace has been made with high-quality sterling silver
- The paw design is absolutely gorgeous
- There is a seller guarantee on the product page.
- It has pretty packaging
- While the pendant urn is perfect, the chain might be too tight for some customers.
Although we are not certain about the quality of this particular jewelry, we reviewed some of the jewelry sold by this seller and customers are pretty happy with their purchase.
8. VALENTINE MEMORIAL BRACELET
This valentine’s memorial bracelet set is another lovely piece of jewelry to get someone whose dog died. Each bead in this bracelet is said to represent fun moments a person shared with their dog. The goal is to uplift the bereaved through positive thoughts/memories. The colorful beads are attractive.
- The bracelet is stunning
- Customers noted that this bracelet is well made and lasts.
- It comes in a pretty package
- Appropriate for the loss of a pet
- The bracelet might be tight on customers with big wrists
9. REMEMBRANCE PICTURE FRAME FOR PET LOSS
Another memorial desk gift for dog loss will be this angel wing picture. The metal frame is stunning. The package also includes a rainbow picture memorial card poem.
- The frame is pretty and sturdy
- Angel gifts are great memorial gifts and this angel wing frame is worth the buy
- the price is reasonable
- Inserting a picture into the frame could be quite a task. The metal hold is stiff
This is a really good frame, durable too.
10. WILLOW TREE DOG FIGURINE
One of the wishes that many bereaved have is for the deceased to live and be there with them. The realization that the dead will no longer live is hard to bear. They yawn for a tangible connection. We know that this figurine will in no way replace their dog but they can find comfort looking at this figurine and remembering good moments with their dog.
- Well made, fine craftsmanship
- Willow Tree has different breeds of dog figurines which is great. It allows you to choose dog figurines that are closest to the deceased dog
- This is a beautiful figurine
- The figurine is way smaller than the picture add depicts
We recommend this item as a sympathy gift.
11. PAW PRINT ORNAMENT
What customers love most about this paw print package is the poem. It elicits fond memories that melts the heart. The metal cast paw print ornament is equally cute. This is a good sympathy package.
- Lovely poem
- Pretty paw print ornament
- A cute sentimental gift
- Might be seen as expensive
Customers rated this paw print ornament gift well for qualities such as sturdiness, warmth, and value for money.
12. PAW PRINT MEMORIAL BLANKET
Let this throw blanket remind them of the warm embrace of their paw friend. This blanket is intended to give comfort and warmth to its recipient whenever they miss their paw friend.
- This blanket is soft and cuddly
- Easy to maintain
- It is pretty
- We do not know how durable this blanket is
It is a nice sympathy gift
13. ORCHID VALLEY FRAME ORNAMENT
This is a small lovely frame shaped in the form of a dog house. It is made with metal and has a raised paw print design all over it. The size of this frame is good, it can be hanged anywhere. This is a cute memorial picture frame.
- Well made, good craftsmanship
- Pretty iron frame
- It comes beautifully packaged
- The frame has a bit of weight
The quality of this frame is impressive. If you are looking for a gift that would last, include this frame in your gift list
14. CUSTOM PET PILLOW
Another cuddle gift besides a sympathy plush toy are these personalized pillows. The one who has lost a pet can cuddle this pillow whenever they miss their pet. These pillows are shaped like pets which is cute. All you have to do is send a picture of the dog
- A personalized photo of the deceased dog makes this pillow gift sentimental. It is a good tribute to the deceased dog.
- It is a good cuddle buddy
- A couple of customers noted that the pillow took a while before it arrived
We love this dog-shaped pillow concept. Although it might be a little bit imperfect, It is different from just having the photo on a picture. This is a good sympathy gift.
15. MEMORIAL DOG CANDLE
If you are looking for memorial candles for the loss of pets, you will love this one. The scent is soothing and mild. A good gift to a family that has lost their dog.
- Soothing scent
- The candle comes well packaged
- If you prefer strong scented candles, you might not like this one
This is a lovely product
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
1. What do you get someone who had their dog put down?
If the dog will be cremated, volunteer to get them a cremation urn, memorial lanterns, pet memorial candles, and or memorial stone. You can also consider getting them a burned photo of their pet. It is a sturdy gift and durable too. Find more gift ideas in this article titled gift for friends who lost pet.
2. How do you cheer up a person who lost their dog?
Share fond memories of pets with them, get them gifts, give them a listening ear, and continue to encourage them. However, it is important to remember that people heal at different times. Therefore do not rush them. Give them space and time if they need it but always be positive around them. This will give them the courage to move on.
It’s never easy losing a loyal friend and companion. The death of a dog is a painful event for many dog owners and showing support is important. It helps their healing process. In this article, we identified 15 beautiful sympathy gifts you can get for someone mourning the death of their dog to show support. These gifts were chosen not only for their ratings but also for quality and usefulness in helping your grieving friend heal. Most of these gifts are also perfect for both young and old mourners. Whichever gift you choose to buy from our gift list, be rest assured that the recipient will be pleased.
01 HOUR 24 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME DESIGNING AND UPLOADING THIS ARTICLE
10 HOURS 31 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME RESEARCHING AND WRITING THIS ARTICLE
LOOKING FOR MORE GIFTS?
Try our AMAZING GIFT FINDER TOOL! Find GIFTS with 1 CLICK!
You Might Also Like:
WHATTOGETMY INSTRUCTIONAL ARTICLE Finding fun things to do with your dog outside is not all that difficult because most dogs love the outdoors and they love to play especially if you participate. Dogs are very easy to please, that is why it is not difficult to find...
Losing a pet best friend can take its toll on a person’s emotions and sometimes without them realizing it. If your friend has just lost their pet, choosing to show support can help them cope with the loss in ways you cannot imagine. One way to show support is by...
WhatToGetMy Instructional Article People keep pets for different reasons; the benefits of keeping pets include both emotional and physical benefits. Most people consider their pets as part of their family When someone loses their pet, it is very important to be...
Have you ever wondered while you are out with your dog at a park with many other dogs, what if you could just walk up to one of them and ask them if they could get gifts for their owners what would these gifts from dog to owner be? What do you think their answers...
WhatToGetMy Instructional Article When you’re stuck at work all day, you spend quite some time worrying about your dog. When dogs aren’t stimulated enough, they might get destructive and chew shoes or ruin the furniture. Even worse, they can injure themselves. To...