When a Guy Buys You a Gift For No Reason
WhatToGetMy Instructional Article
You are in a relationship that is new, maybe it has only been a couple of months. But the guy you are dating is always buying you gifts without giving you a reason. This raises some questions in your mind and you want to know what it means when a guy buys you a gift for no reason.
We can all agree, women love to be surprised by the man that they are dating with something special. Especially if they, themselves are starting to have feelings for the man in their life. They love the excitement that unexpected gifts bring. Even more so if he buys you a gift without a reason and these gifts are something that they actually like or secretly have wanted for some time. But this gesture can also be somewhat confusing as they have no idea what it all really means.
You find yourself wondering what his gift says about your relationship. Is there a deeper meaning behind his unexpected gift? If there is, you find yourself questioning if he is trying to buy your affection or is he trying to show you that he cares about you? If he cares, does this mean he wants to take your relationship a step further?
These are some of the many questions that are running through your mind. But unfortunately, there are no straightforward answers to your questions. Because when it comes to guys, there could be many different reasons why he would buy you gifts for no reason. These reasons could be good or they could be bad. It will all depend on how long you have been together, the relationship that you have with him and the type of guy that he is.
It also depends on how often he showers you with gifts for no reason. If he buys you too many gifts too often, it could be a bad thing. It could mean that he is the type of guy that is very insecure and could be an obsessive type of person. This type of unhealthy behavior could only lead to many different issues further down the road in your relationship. Issues that make him seem desperate which could mean that he could be hiding something very serious and showering you with gifts is his way of distracting you from finding out. He could also be using gifts to make you feel indebted to him and may mean that he is expecting something from you in return.
But not all men are like that, so for the purpose of this article, let us say that the guy that you are in a relationship with is a nice guy and has no hidden and dark agenda. The whole thing about receiving gifts for no reason is still very confusing for many women because most men never really give an explanation for the things that they do.
But one thing is for sure. Most guys are not very big on the whole communicating with words thing. They do not feel comfortable expressing how they actually feel about you like many women who tend to blurt their feelings out as much as they possibly can. The way men tend to express their feelings and affections is in the things that they do, to them, action speaks louder than words. The one thing that they do that is at the top of their action list is to buy you a gift. With this gift, they feel that they are showing you exactly how they feel about you.
Apart from him trying to express how he feels about you. Sometimes his reason for giving you a gift for no reason could be a message that he is trying to communicate with you about.
So let us take a look at some of the reasons or messages that he could be trying to send you:
- He may be trying to get your attention if your relationship is not yet serious
- He may be trying to tell you how much he adores you
- He may be trying to soften you up to ask a favor you may not like
- He may be trying to be romantic
- He may be trying to show you that he appreciates you
- He may have heard that you really wanted or needed something and is trying to surprise you
- He may be trying to make up for something that he has done wrong.
Now that we know some of the reasons why he may give you a gift for no reason let us look at the actual gifts and what they could possibly mean.
The type of gifts that are most commonly given
➦ Chocolates or sweets
When men give you gifts of chocolates or sweets, it usually means that he wants to give you something to make you feel special but has no idea what to get you so they know that chocolates are usually the safest option. Sometime they will combine the gift with flowers.
Men know that most women love flowers, although it is another safe gift to give a woman they would try to go the extra mile and try to find out what their favorite flowers are. They are a thoughtful gesture and are a way to let women know that they were in their thoughts for the day. Flowers are also used as a gift by many men to apologize for something that they have done wrong.
➦ A teddy bear
You might be asking the question, what does it mean when a guy gives you a teddy bear? He is trying to tell you that he likes you and it is a gift that he considers it to be something that you would like too. Teddy bears are soft and cuddly and at night when you are alone, you will hold and hug them and think of him.
If a guy buys you a bottle of your favorite perfume as a gift for no reason. This type of gift shows that he has put a lot of thought into his gift. He has taken the time and made the effort in finding out what your favorite perfume is. A bottle of perfume could mean that he thinks you are very special just like a bottle of perfume as it is something that lasts a long time, so does not get bought very often and depending on your favorite it may not be cheap either.
➦ Concert tickets
If the guy you are in a relationship with buys tickets for the two of you to your favorite concert. It means that he really likes you and has been listening to you and has taken notes to what and who are your favorite bands. It means even more if he is not really in to the same band but wants to go with you anyway. He definitely sees a future for the two of you together as we wants’ to share this with you and create an amazing memory for the two of you to remember way into the future.
When a guy buys you jewelry for no reason, he is committed and is extremely serious about you and your relationship. Jewelry is not a cheap gift. Depending on the type, the style and the price tag of jewelry it is not usually bought as a just because gift. It is Gifts every girl wants from her boyfriend and would usually expect to get on a special occasion like, for her birthday, anniversary or Christmas. This type of gift may also mean that he would like to take your relationship to the next level.
The type of gifts that do not send a very good message
There are a couple of gifts that a guy would buy that may not send a very good message to the girl that they are in a relationship with. Especially, if your relationship is very new and he doesn’t know you all that well yet. If he happens to buy these types of gifts for no reason then he either has no clue what to buy you and has gotten advice from somebody else or has bought you a gift that an ex may have liked. These gifts would be things like:
- Any kind of underwear, especially sexy lingerie. Everybody knows what this type of gift may mean.
- Clothing items, this would also depend on what item he buys you
- The kitchen and household appliances are not the type of gift to be given early on in the relationship but would be appreciated later on or once you are already married.
Let’s face it when it comes to buying women the gifts mentioned above. How much do most men really know about these types of things? Not much.
The next question that is running through your mind is how do you tell by the things that he does or the gifts that he gives shows signs that he loves you?
We have managed to come up with some that you can consider and they are:
- He is honest with you about certain private details in his life
- He cancels his original plans to spend some time with you which would include him sacrificing time with his friends or watching a big game that he was waiting to watch.
- He asks you for your opinion and advice about a decision that he needs to make that is important
- He listens to every word that you say and makes the effort to remember as much of the details that he possibly can
- He is always checking in with you by making sure you arrived at home or at work safely or maybe just to say good morning, goodnight or to let you know he misses you.
- He introduces you to his close family and friends
- He is always complimenting you even when you look your worst.
- He wants to share your hobbies with you as well as his own
- If you are having a bad day, he drops his plans to spend time with you and try to make you feel better.
- He finds a way to include you in his future plans
- He enjoys fooling around with you with things like teasing you in a fun and good way that makes you laugh
- He speaks highly of you when he is with his friends and family
- Although it may feel a little awkward he tries to express himself and his feelings verbally
- If you have had an argument, he wants to sort it out because he doesn’t want to go to bed being angry.
- He tries to surprise you with something you are interested in like a movie or show tickets that you have said that you are excited to see.
- He holds your hand and kisses you in public which means that he is proud to be seen with you.
- At night when you are together and in bed, he wants to hold you and cuddle with you.
- He thinks and tells you that you are amazing just the way you are which includes all your annoying habits.
Remember every guy is different and so are the ways that he might try and show you how he feels about you and your relationship. So when a guy buys you a gift for no reason or does something to make you happy in some way, he is trying to tell you something. Take a closer look at the actual gift that he has given you, the type of things that he does for you and the way he acts when he is with you. Many of your questions that are running through your mind will be instantly answered.
03 HOURS 26 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME DESIGNING AND UPLOADING THIS ARTICLE
08 HOURS 30 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME RESEARCHING AND WRITING THIS ARTICLE
You Might Also Like
What Does Holding Hands Mean to a Guy: 3 Important Information on Hand-holding WhatToGetMy Instructional Article Holding hands in most cases conveys a message that both parties have an established relationship. A person is less likely going to hold hands with strangers except in situations
Good Pranks to Do on Your Boyfriend WhatToGetMy Instructional Article There are a lot of different views when it comes to pranking. You should only prank people who have consented to the pranks and always keep your pranks safe and harm-free Pranking your boyfriend is
Signs Your Boyfriend Won’t Marry You WhatToGetMy Instructional Article If you’re asking these questions – “Will he ever marry me? How do I know if he doesn’t want to get married?”, then you’re reading the right article. This article will show you the important 13
19 Fun Things For Couples To Do On A Road Trip WhatToGetMy Instructional Article Taking a couples’ road trip is a good bonding exercise for couples. It helps to strengthen and grow the bonds of love in the relationship. And in this article, we will