How To Get An Older Man To Like You
WhatToGetMy Instructional Article
There is a man that you like and he is a lot older than you. There is nothing wrong with how you feel. If he is available then you should follow your heart and not let anyone and their judgment keep you from it.
Your friends and family may not understand your reasons for liking older men. Your reasons could be that you are tired of having one failed relationship after the next with men your own age.
It could be that you are looking for a man that you can depend on. Older men are generally more confident about who they are. They are financially stable, passionate, and caring. They listen carefully to what you have to say. And because of their years of life experiences, they are great problem solvers.
So, how to get an older man to like you?
You must first let go of any insecurities that you have about him and about yourself.
You will not be able to force him into a relationship with you. He must realize on his own that he likes you. And then when he does, he will decide for himself if he wants to be in a relationship with you or not.
Remember that, the only way on how to make an older guy like you is by taking things slow and steady. It will need a lot more time and effort on your part. This will involve you showing that you have confidence, are mature and sincere.
We have put together some tips to help you.
Consider these 6 tips to get an older man to like you:
If you are trying to get an older man to like you, it will not matter if you are looking for tips on how to attract an older man at work or in your personal life outside the office. The following tips will apply to both.
Act mature for your age
If you want to get an older man attention and get him to like you, you need to act mature for your age which means the following:
- Control your outburst by not overreacting
- Don’t go too far with joking around as it could be seen as childish
- While having a conversation with him, do not randomly change to too many different topics
- Don’t argue over stupid stuff just to make a point, respect other people’s opinion.
- Be sincere by talking less and listening more to what he says when he is talking to you
- Be confident but not too much
- Don’t be an attention seeker by trying to be the center of attention. Older men don’t like it.
- Don’t obsess about what people think and say about you.
Get to know him a little
When trying to approach an older man, make an effort to find out what he likes by carefully observing him or speaking to people that know him, like his friends. Find out the things that he is interested in from the sports he may like watching or taking part in, the music he enjoys listening to and seeing, like, the musical theater and even the books he likes reading.
If you don’t know much about his passions then educate yourself about some of the things that he likes so that you will have something to talk about. Find out if he is the type of man that would enjoy receiving small gifts from you by reading up on Do guys like getting gifts or if he would feel offended.
Figure out what he likes and wants in a woman. Some of these things could be:
- A woman who respects his personal space
- A woman who’s independent and confident
- She is open and honest with him by being herself at all times
- A woman who loves life and is seeking new experiences and adventures
- A woman that is emotionally mature and stable
- A woman that accepts his lifestyle, his commitments to work, and if he has his own children.
Talk to him
Once you have learned what some of his interests are and a little about who he is as a person now is the time to come up with ways on how to talk to an older man and impress him. Strike up a conversation with him even if at first it is to ask his opinion on something, that will get him to notice you.
Then you can slowly move on to asking him questions about himself and the things that he enjoys doing. But do not bombard him with too many questions all at once, try to act natural and let the conversation flow easily.
In the beginning, it does not matter if you already know the answers to some of the questions. To get an older man to fall in love with you, make him notice of your interest in him.
When having a conversation with an older man there are a couple of things that you should keep in mind:
- Keep things simple, don’t play mind games with him
- Be honest with him, especially if you want a long term relationship with him
- Be confident in who you are and what you want
- Be yourself, don’t pretend to like everything he likes, give your own opinions
- Add a little humor to your conversation
- Be more of a listener than a talker as he will feel that what he is saying matters
- Try to ease into having a more intelligent conversation with him. But don’t come across as a know it all, let him teach you things.
Compliment and praise him
We all love compliments and praises and older men are no exception. Once you know each other a lot better, you can complement and praise him whenever there is a need for it. He will love this as he will realize that you have taken notice of him and certain small good deeds that he has done and he will appreciate you for it.
Some compliment ideas are:
- Compliment how good he looks, the good smelling cologne he wears, the clothes he wears, and his hair
- If he works you can compliment him on how dedicated he is to his work and that you think that he does an amazing job
- You can tell him that you find him to be a very interesting man. That he is fun to be with. You love the conversations that you have as he is always teaching you something new.
- If he has children, compliment him on what a great father he is because who can see that his kids love him very much
- You can tell him how much you love his positive energy, he is one of the good guys who are intelligent, helpful, and that he is an inspiration to you.
Flirt with him
You can seduce an older man by starting to flirt with him to get him to fall for you. This will let him know that you are interested in being more than just friends. If you find yourself wondering how to flirt with an older man?
Here are some things you can do:
- Flirt with your eyes by looking at him and smiling
- Dress appropriately but also show a little skin
- If he has mentioned he likes a certain perfume that you wear, make sure you wear it when you know you’re going to see him
- When he looks at you touch your hair, your neck, or your lips
- Touch him “accidentally” by resting your hand on his when you laugh at something he says or touch his shoulder or arm when you lean over to tell him something.
Tell him how you feel
When you have a crush on an older man be honest with him and tell him face to face that you really like him. Tell him how you enjoy spending time with him and you would like to make it a more regular thing. He will either feel relieved because he feels the same way or he will tell you that he is not interested in a relationship.
If you decide not to find out how he feels about you by telling him that you like him. Then you probably want to know how to tell if he likes you and is interested in you.
How to tell when an older man is attracted to you
- An older man will not hesitate, he will tell you
- He will compliment you but not in a sexual way.
- He will start to open up and confide in you about personal things
- He checks in with you to make sure that you are okay but gives you your space
- He is willing to try new things, things that you enjoy
- He asks you if you are in a relationship
- He will ask you out on a date
- He will give you his full attention when you are together
- He makes time and the effort to see you and spend some time with you
- He feels protective of you by showing you that he cares about your safety and well being
- He looks at you, he looks you in your eyes when you are talking to him
- He wants you to meet his friends and family
Now that you know what gets an older man’s attention and some signs that he likes you. Your next question is, how to keep an older man interested in you, and what are some of the things that you can expect when dating an older man?
You want to know what are the benefits and some of the challenges that you are likely to face. There are definitely some obstacles that you will have to get past and learn to handle if you are wanting to date an older man of 10 years or more.
Some of the benefits of dating an older man are:
- Communication is more open as you learn to become honest and straightforward about your feelings. This also eliminates the silly mind games that younger guys like to play
- Older men judge you less as they tend to encourage you to accept who you are as they have learned to accept themselves.
- Older men have more patience as he has learned to appreciate the little things as well as the big ones.
- They are more experienced and knowledgeable and are able to give you some great advice be it about finances, work, or any other big decision that you may need to make
- Older men are generally financially stable because they have learned the importance of saving
- Men of your own age group or younger tend to let jealousy get the best of them especially if you don’t spend every second of every day either with them or in contact with them. Older men understand the importance of personal space and that everyone needs some time apart to do their separate things
- He has more experience with relationships and has learned the right way to treat a woman. He has learnt over the years what worked and what has not.
Some of the challenges of dating an older man are:
- The possibility of him not getting along with your friends is very high. He has outgrown all the club crawling, partying, and eating contests. Your friends also don’t want to hear about how the financial markets are doing or about the interesting books that he has read. But don’t take it personally.
- Many people will find it difficult to refer to him as your boyfriend because of the age gap. You will notice that they would refer to him as your father or friend and you will find yourself correcting them constantly.
- He is probably set in his ways and you will not be able to change them because he is happy with how things are.
- An older man has some sort of history. He had a life before he met you and that could be ex-wives, children, past relationships, and maybe even grandchildren. You will need to accept the situation and communicate with him clearly about what is expected from both of you.
- If he has children, they could feel uncomfortable about you and your age which could cause them to act out and direct their anger towards you.
- You could even have some conflict with your own family if the older man is a lot closer to your father’s age. Your family might not understand and accept your relationship.
- Depending on his age but with an older man, there may be some health issues that arise and you will need to learn to deal with them.
Frequently asked questions
Why is dating a much older man socially unacceptable?
Usually people assume that a woman dates an older man only for his money not because she is interested in him. People also think that an older man liking a very young girl is a bit odd especially if he is double her age or more.
When trying to figure out how to get an older man to like you, keep in mind that he has experienced different types of relationships in his life. He is now looking for a mature woman who he can easily communicate with. A woman who he can spend some valuable time while enjoying what time he has left.
02 HOURS 03 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME DESIGNING AND UPLOADING THIS ARTICLE
08 HOURS 30 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME RESEARCHING AND WRITING THIS ARTICLE
You Might Also Like
11 Effects of Living with an Alcoholic Spouse and How to Live with an Alcoholic Spouse. WhatToGetMy Instructional Article Living with an alcoholic husband/wife can be a nightmare for the spouse who is not an alcoholic. It is a rollercoaster of emotions filled mostly with
Given the nature of their work, police officers are generally not allowed to accept gifts. Read on to find out what they are allowed to accept and how you can still show them your appreciation. The only gifts they can accept has to come from
10 Signs You’re Being Used by a Man WhatToGetMy Instructional Article When people think of women being used by men, they usually think of it in sexual terms. However, men use women for a variety of reasons such as money, accommodation, and emotional/mental support. Men
Undeniable Signs a Man Is Emotionally Connected to You WhatToGetMy Instructional Article Find out if your man is emotionally invested and/or emotionally attracted to you in this article. And if you want to know how to get a man emotionally attached, we also have you