What to Write in an Anniversary Card to Wife - 9 Anniversary Messages for Wife to Show You Care
WhatToGetMy Instructional Article
So you just bought the most amazing wedding anniversary gift and now you are looking for what to write in an anniversary card to your wife to accompany the gift. You want to write something special and unique but you are unsure of how to even begin to go about it.
Not surprisingly, this is quite a common problem because of familiarity. When you get married to a person and are with them every day, it becomes easy to forget what makes them so special in the first place.
We are here to remind you of those things as well as the fact that a huge part of what makes marriages special, is the journey itself. The yearly milestones that you reach and everything in-between is what should be celebrated.
When you put these down in an anniversary card, it shows that you are actually paying attention to your marriage and it will give your wife such unbridled joy.
To help you give your wife that joy, we have compiled some amazing anniversary sayings for wife as well as topics to guide you on what to say to wife on your anniversary in a card to either inspire you to write a message yourself or to provide you with a quick message you can use.
1. Tell her you love her
When writing an anniversary note to wife, you simply cannot go wrong by telling her how much you love her. Research by the Pew Research Center shows that most people get married out of love and letting your wife know that this love has not died, is a great anniversary message to have.
You can spice it up by mixing in something funny, a previous treasured memory, or even an exaggerated metaphor to describe the depth of your love for her.
“I love you” anniversary messages for your wife include:
- To my very amazing wife, I love you and wish you the happiest anniversary.
- I love you more than Scrat in Ice Age loved his nut. Happy Anniversary baby.
- I will always remember that night you stayed up next to me reading a book as I finished a proposal so that I wouldn’t sleep. I love you. Happy Birthday my dear.
- You are literally my world and I love you. Happy Anniversary love.
2. Tell her you changed for the better because of her
Who doesn’t wanna hear that they are a good influence on the life of another person?
Telling that to your wife would make her feel good about herself and definitely more fulfilled in knowing that not only does she play such a pivotal role in your life, but that you notice that she does.
So in your anniversary card messages for wife, tell your wife how she has changed you for the better and how you can’t live without her. Tell her that you can’t believe that you met someone who understood you so well that they improved upon parts that needed improvement but still let you be who you are at the core.
You can express these anniversary sentiments for your wife by writing that:
- I remember my life before you. It was not a life worth living. You changed all that and I cannot thank you enough. Happy Anniversary my love.
- You bring out the best in me and for that, I will always love you. Happy Anniversary love.
- In you, I have found my ultimate partner. The one who makes my life so much better. Happy Anniversary my love.
- I didn’t think someone could know me so well that they made me a better me yet here you are. I love you (pet name). And I always will. Happy Anniversary.
3. Tell her you’ll always remember your wedding day
It is a running joke that in marriage, wives are the ones who remember the important dates. Prove them wrong by talking about your wedding day in an anniversary greeting to wife and how it will always be in your heart, occupying the iron throne.
You get extra points for describing the events of the day and what your favorite part of the ceremony was.
You don’t have to limit yourself to the actual wedding day as well. You can include the day you proposed, your first date, and even the ceremony to renew your vows if you’ve reached that stage.
Some anniversary quotes for wife to help you here include:
- When I saw you walking down that aisle all those years ago, I knew I was making the right decision. You proved me right every day since. Happy Anniversary love.
- I remember the day we got married and how we nearly misplaced our rings. You calmed me down because I was so agitated and you have been in my corner ever since. Thank you love. Happy Anniversary.
- I’ll never forget the day you said yes to me. It was a Wednesday and it had just finished raining. You were wearing a sundress and had made your hair into a bun. I remember the way your lips moved when you said, “I do.” I wouldn’t trade that memory for anything. Happy Anniversary love.
4. Tell her how much you admire who she is and what she does
One of the nicest things to say to your wife on your anniversary is that you appreciate and admire her for who she is and what she has done and does.
It’s generally a tough world for women and they face challenges fully expressing and proving themselves at work and in virtually other aspects of life. When they are mothers it gets even harder because there are even more people for her to take care of.
Let her know that you see what she is doing and that you appreciate all that. Tell her that she does all these things and still manages to be a good wife. Tell her that her dreams are great and that you will help her attain them. Give her your vote of confidence.
Here are some sample anniversary thoughts for wife to serve as inspiration in this regard:
- How you manage to do all the things you do I will never know. You are my superwoman. I love you. Happy Anniversary.
- You take care of me, the children and work harder than anyone else at your office. I love you more than you know. Happy Anniversary love.
- I love that you are so ambitious, dear. You and Ruth Bader Ginsburg are cut from the same cloth and I am lucky to be married to such an amazing woman. Happy Anniversary love.
- For all that you do, both those I see and those I don’t, I appreciate you. I promise to support you as much as I can. Happy Anniversary love.
5. Tell her what she means to you
Who is your wife to you?
Is she just a person you live with or is she your companion, your partner in the business of life, your best friend with whom you can share your secrets, your lover who you can’t live without, or your cheerleader in all you do?
If she is all these things and more, then the wedding anniversary wishes for wife that you write should let her know.
Let her know that, “Hey, I am thankful for my wife,” by using these sample anniversary card sayings for a wife:
- You mean the world to me and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Happy Anniversary love.
- When we got married, I didn’t know that you would make me a football player by cheering me on so much. Your husband (your name) Brady wishes you a Happy Anniversary.
- In you, I have found a friend much better than any I have ever had, a partner to go through life with, and a lover who appreciates me deeply. Thank you, my dear. Happy Anniversary.
6. Remind her of precious marriage moments
When you are completely stumped on what to write in an anniversary card for wife, turn to your memories. Marriage is a journey and journeys have notable events. What are yours?
Using memories to make marriage anniversary quotes for your wife reminds her that ey, “this person remembers the things that we have been through.”
When we talk about using memories, we aren’t referring to only the good and happy ones. We refer also, the sad ones because those are the ones that taught you both the most lessons and drew you closer together when you overcame them.
Of course, it is best not to describe those sad memories in too much detail as it might be painful, but you can refer to them in passing and then talk about how the experience made you love her even more.
You can take inspiration from these anniversary sentiments for a wife:
- You remember that day we went to the amusement park together and spent the whole day there? I have a picture in my wallet to remind me of how happy we make each other. Happy Anniversary baby girl.
- There was a night before we got married where you had a nervous breakdown outside your college class. You could have called any of your friends but you called me. I went from liking to loving you that day. Happy Anniversary love.
- I grow bored of things pretty fast and you know this about me. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of coming home to you every day though, it just never gets old. I love you. Happy Anniversary love.
7. Remind her of her beauty
Every human is vain in one way or the other and in varying proportions. Thankfully, appearance is one vain thing that most humans share and you could leverage this to write a good happy anniversary card for your wife.
Tell your sweet honeydew apple pumpkin caramel-flavored baby girl how beautiful you think she is and watch her giggle nonstop. You get bonus points from some wives for being as outrageous about it as possible so get creative.
To help with the creative process, we have prepared the following anniversary thoughts for wife for you:
- You are so beautiful that I still can’t believe you married me. Happy Anniversary love.
- You, my darling, are aging like fine wine. With every new day, you get even more beautiful. I love you. Happy Anniversary.
- In your past life, you were probably Aphrodite herself. Nothing else would adequately explain why else you are this beautiful.
- You are beautiful both inside and out. You radiate pure magic and I am happy to be drinking from the source. Happy Anniversary love.
8. Proclaim that there are still years to come
It might not seem like much but telling your wife that you look forward to spending more years with her can be quite sweet because it communicates your continued commitment to her and your marriage.
It would therefore make for a great wedding anniversary quote for wife that you can make all the more special by putting in an anniversary printable card.
Fill up some wedding anniversary cards for wife with any of the following:
- Yesterday I loved you. Today I love you more. Tomorrow I will love you even more. Happy Anniversary my love.
- I cannot wait till we are old and grey and have only each other to keep us company. It will be a life well-lived. I love you my dear.
- Every day I wake up to your face I am reminded that this is what I want to wake up to every day for the rest of my life. Happy Anniversary love.
- When they ask what my anniversary message to my wife is I always answer, “to infinity and beyond.”
9. Appeal to religion
Is your wife religious?
If yes then this can serve as an inspiration in the issue of what to write in an anniversary card to wife.
You could make a “happy anniversary to wife” wish by, for instance, mentioning that she is a blessing from the Supreme because that is what she is. Using beliefs so dear to her to compliment her is sure to make her smile because it would be like killing two birds with one stone.
We hope that these religious anniversary verses for wife will be of help to you:
- If Solomon had been married to you, Songs of Songs would have been a much longer book because you, my darling, are simply too amazing. Happy Anniversary love.
- Just as Allah saw it fit to bless me with you, may he continue to bless you and our marriage forevermore. Happy Anniversary my wife.
- The Buddha teaches that contentment is the greatest wealth which means that I am the richest man on Earth because, with you, I am content. Happy Anniversary love.
You might be interested in sweetest things to say to your girlfriend to make her cry.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What can I write in an anniversary card to my wife?
- You can tell her how much you love her
- You can write an anniversary poem for her
- You can remind her how beautiful she is
- You can reminisce about notable memories from the past
- You can tell her that you appreciate her for who she is and the work she does
- You can tell her how she means so so much to you
Read this article to gain inspiration for what to write in an anniversary greeting card for wife.
2. What do you write in an anniversary card?
This depends on the type of anniversary that is being celebrated
If it is your spouse or partner:
- Talk about how much you love the person
- Talk about how far you have come with the person
- Talk about how much you appreciate the person
- Talk about how seeing the person makes you smile
If it is a couple celebrating their anniversary:
- Send them well wishes
- Talk about how good they are together
- Make a joke about how in love they are
- Express gratitude that you got to witness their love
3. How do you write a heartfelt anniversary message?
Anniversary messages that appeal to the heart include:
- Those that show how much you love your partner
- Those that remind your partner of how far you have come with them and how much further you are willing to go
- Those that let your partner know that you appreciate their hard work
- Those that remind your partner of how much they mean to you
Writing something along the lines of these general themes will be sure to warm the heart of the intended recipient so long as you are on good terms with them.
A good wife deserves to be appreciated on your anniversary and we hope that you have gained inspiration to do so from here.
That being said, you should also ensure that it doesn’t stop there. Words are great but actions speak louder. Find some nice activities to do on the day to make it even more fulfilling then try your best to keep being a good husband to her for the rest of your marriage.
Related articles include:
ESTIMATED TIME DESIGNING AND UPLOADING THIS ARTICLE
10 HOURS 54 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME RESEARCHING AND WRITING THIS ARTICLE
You Might Also Like
How to Plan a Wedding With Step-By-Step Instructions WhatToGetMy Instructional Article Just got engaged and want to know how to plan a wedding with step-by-step instructions while trying to keep your stress level to a minimum. For some people planning their own wedding is the
What to Write in an Anniversary Card to Husband: 15 Things to Write in an Anniversary Card to Husband WhatToGetMy Instructional Article If you are wondering what to write in an anniversary card to husband, then stick around and read this article because it will
Romantic Anniversary Night Ideas WhatToGetMy Instructional Article You have an important anniversary in your relationship coming up and want to plan a nice romantic evening for the two of you and need some romantic anniversary night ideas. Although most couples remember the important moments in
17 Main Signs of Emotional Neglect in Marriage and How to Deal with the Problem WhatToGetMy Instructional Article How do you deal with an emotionally unavailable spouse? What should you do when you feel totally abandoned and neglected? Is losing interest in the couple a
Find the best 25 year anniversary gifts for wife in our list of 25 gifts for 25th anniversary. You will find unique 25th anniversary gifts, as well as traditional 25th anniversary gifts, and also 25th wedding anniversary jewelry gifts for her. The perfect 25th wedding
8 Financial Things to Do After Getting Married WhatToGetMy Instructional Article So, you’re looking for financial tips for newly married couples. You’re lucky because we have all that you need in one place. We know how planning a new life can be challenging. It’s just
In this article, we tell you what to get your wife for your 20th anniversary celebrations, especially jewelry for a 20 year anniversary, unique 20th anniversary gifts for her, and traditional 20th anniversary gifts for her. We also have a good selection of personalized gifts
9 Creative Things to Do with Your Wedding Dress WhatToGetMy Instructional Article After flipping through magazines, trying on a couple of wedding gowns, and finally getting the perfect one; after walking down the aisle in that gorgeous gown, and have now started the life you
This article helps you with what to get your husband for your 20th anniversary celebration. You will find traditional 20th anniversary gifts for him, as well as best and unique 20th anniversary gifts for your husband. Twenty years of marriage is no small feat. Congratulations